Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Beckett Patrick Roy RC - Should I be upset? Plus a show-off...

Got my latest Beckett order back, once again I was thrilled to receive mostly 9.5s. I pride myself on identifying really nice stuff, whether its vintage or modern. I rolled the dice a bit on a Roy RC, because I was so taken with its snow-white, clean surface and solid edges. I knew centering might be an issue, but I had it pegged at a 7.5/8 based on what I had previously seen, and I figured the card was a lock for an 8 with an outside shot at an 8.5. I was a bit disappointed to receive a 7.5, and lo and behold, its the centering that killed it. What do you guys think? I've seen similar centering on recent sales that were graded at an 8 for the subgrade. The shot of the back probably looks worse than it is due to the glare on the left side. Honest opinions, folks? Should I try for the review? Also including a shot of my fave pair that was returned with gold labels... silhouettes are just such beauties.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wouldn't be to upset, very nice card and you only got 0.5 less on the centering than you figured, so that isn't that bad.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See the_hockeycouple's Items on eBay

The card is definitely off center to the left. It's very easy to pick that up with the naked eye immediately. I think it's still a nice grade for a great RC and the Silhouettes are beauties as well!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

At least if you go to sell it no one will question the authenticity.