Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

1986 Mets custom set complete

I just completed my 1986 Mets Autograph cut set.I did not personally create the design but rather influenced it thru my own vision so to speak.My want came from my love of the 86 Mets.I could not find a nice complete set of players from any set of the team 18 of them to be exact.I have plenty of different player autos but nothing that could be put together like this.I used certified autographs from different card compianies.Many were damaged and very dull looking design wise.I know many on here use TTM's but my collection would be missing the late great Mr.Carter so that was not an option for me.

I have been working on the set for some time now but only recently have I corrected my methods and ability's to complete it.I now know there are many aspects in the card building process which I have more intrest in over designing.Everything from paper treatment so there's no edge chipping,to cutting the perfect window shapes out.There's also card thickness and the final stages of cutting out a finished card.It's a long way from stacking 1990 score cards together,lol.I am still learning a few other aspects but I beleive I have a good hold on it.I can aslo create the card completly with just a front and back image now which is great as I have not a clue how to design one.I will say the finished product does look and feel identical to a pack pulled card and fit in a 130pt one touch..

Thanks for the long read and happy to answer any questions or requests.

-Steve

Some close ups

Production

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (109)
    Country
    See wrightman6986's Items on eBay

These look awesome great work!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome set!

SCF Rewards
    Country

How did you make these? What Materiel? Can you do a step-by-step?
    Thanks so much,
    Shane

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey Steve,

They look fantastic. Congrats on the set.

I would love to learn more about how you assembled and cut the cards as they look solid.

Cheers. Thanks for sharing.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See RockiesFanCards's Items on eBay

Great looking set! Your edges look amazing!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

Thanks alot guys and I also appreciate all the help along the way.

Shane I will try and get something together as a guide for you.I will say most of the construction is very similar to rockiesfan33's how to guide,it was very helpful as a start point.

Brett I will hit you up as well bud.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 73ToppsMann's Items on eBay LinkedIn

Great looking set!

Being a Red Sox fan, I have to ask ... why is Buckner in the set?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do you use a mac?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

73Toppsman- Here you go bud http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=2968146

Shane as far as the design like I said someone else did that with my specs.If you mean printing wise it was on my old HP printer,hope that answers the ?.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast