Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

What kind of patch is more desirable ?

I'm just curious to what type of patch is more desirable to a collector,

1. a 2 color patch from the LOGO of a jersey?
    2. a 3-4 color patch from the NUMBER of a jersey?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

Probably a 3-4 color number patch because IMO there aren't many teams with those but there is multiple color logo patches. Just my 2C

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See WYTMKE23's Items on eBay

i like logos but a really sick multi-colored is awesome but my favorite it the one that came with the card not the one someone cut out and put in to make it look cooler

SCF Rewards
    Country

I prefer logos patches over number / nameplate patches any day.

I will take a 4clr number / letter over the 2clr logo. But I will take a 3clr logo over a 4clr number or letter
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See winterempire's Items on eBay

This is my personal preference

4 clr number/letter > Intricate/unique 2 clr logo(like the red wings) > 3 clr number > basic 2 clr logo

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

To me the emblem is the best part of the jersey and when it comes to my own player collection I think all but one of my patches are emblem patches. The only thing I would choose over an emblem piece is a piece from a significant or good looking shoulder patch.

I think number patches should be used for lower end stuff and emblem patches saved for the high end premium pieces. It absolutely KILLS me inside to see a big number patch in a Limited Logos card. It's Limited LOGOS, not Limited NUMBERS

SCF Rewards
    Country

To me the emblem is the best part of the jersey and when it comes to my own player collection I think all but one of my patches are emblem patches. The only thing I would choose over an emblem piece is a piece from a significant or good looking shoulder patch.

I think number patches should be used for lower end stuff and emblem patches saved for the high end premium pieces. It absolutely KILLS me inside to see a big number patch in a Limited Logos card. It's Limited LOGOS, not Limited NUMBERS

Well that's exactly what I'm asking. I'm curious to which of these Limited Logo cards is more desirable? (Note that the first scan is much better quality when comparing)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

personally out of those two, I'd want the top one (which I'm assuming is the logo)
    Please check my inventory before my photobucket!!! It's more up to date!!!
    Looking for LPGA GOLFERS ​and BUFFALO SABRES
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Top Want: 2012 Leaf Metal Anna Nordqvist Award Winners Prism Gold 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

The top one is from the bottom of the crest (the "AD" from Canada), so I would take that one also. The bottom one is from a shoulder number. More colors on the number patch but I still prefer the emblem.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Unless you are trying to resell...who cares which one looks better to a collector. Pick the one you like better for your collection. Personally, I like the lower one better. Too much white in the top one. I think the extra colour in the lower one makes the entire card look sharper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast