Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Easter Dinner

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

it is celebrating the day of rest, which is the end of creation

That's sabbath. Passover is when God passed them over and killed the Egyptian firstborns. It's right in the name "passover". It's why The Ten Commandments gets played on TV every Easter.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

then why is it not just one night?

many correlate it with the final plague,the slaves being freed, eating unleavened bread, parting of the red sea.

(and you are right about the sabbath)

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I go by the name, so...

And the Passover meal is just one night (Nissan 14) is it not?
    Which would make sense that the celebration is longer and leads up to the "big meal" as it would represent all the plagues culminating in the death of first horns.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 03-29-2013 at 11:49 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I thought it started with thte last plague and ended with the arrival of the 10 commandments

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I thought it started with thte last plague and ended with the arrival of the 10 commandments

Wouldn't that cover months/years?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Reds
    See sxetnrdrmr2112's Items on eBay

this is pretty cut and dry and veggie no matter how bad you wish/want Jesus to have been a vegetarian, it does not matter, Christianity does not have dietary restrictions.

passover is celebrating the end of creation and abiding the laws of God of the old covenant with the Jews, their laws included dietary restrictions.

Easter is the 1st day of Christianity and the new covenant with all people.

Christ did not eat pork because he had to fulfill the old covenant to begin the new one. there are no dietary restrictions for Christians.

except Catholics who can't eat meat on Fridays in Lent,,,thats a pretty big group of Christians to overlook

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I think what he meant, based upon my knowledge of his beliefs, is the Christ himself set forth no dietary laws.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Christ himself set forth no dietary laws.

wickabee is correct, and perhaps I should have been more clear, Jesus never set any dietary laws

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Reds
    See sxetnrdrmr2112's Items on eBay

wickabee is correct, and perhaps I should have been more clear, Jesus never set any dietary laws

ah, yes. That is true.

In fact, I am willing to bet that Jesus is facepalming at MOST of what has happened to his ideas for a spiritual path for life, as well as his dad, Mohammed, Vishna, Satan, Thor, Zeus, Haile Selassie....

...I think for the most part humans have really messed things up in any religion

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

ah, yes. That is true.

In fact, I am willing to bet that Jesus is facepalming at MOST of what has happened to his ideas for a spiritual path for life, as well as his dad, Mohammed, Vishna, Satan, Thor, Zeus, Haile Selassie....

...I think for the most part humans have really messed things up in any religion

CHURCH!!
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast