Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

In ideal world everyone would be able to practice his/her chosen religion or no religion at all without any harrassment or ridicule whatsoever. Unfortunately that place dosen't currently exist.

people here are typically free to practice what religion they feel like. the problem is that there are some that think being allowed to practice their beliefs means the same thing as having rules and regulations that follow said religious beliefs.

SCF Rewards
    Country

but you accusing them of not being rational or logical thinkers is not the same thing? you telling them they are wrong with zero proof is not the same?

Shrew, they don't have any proof.

Just like I don't have any proof there isn't a god....at least I can be honest about it.

Also, I wouldn't threaten a christian with eternal damnation the way some of them do to me......I wouldn't threaten them with anything whatsoever.

I don't think they will ever win over rationalists by saying they're going to hell, but don't worry, we can help you.

If I say, "Hey, your argument isn't a good one because it's grounded on illogical premises", I'm not saying they are wrong about god, I'm saying their argument is flawed, let's hear something else.

And BTW Shrew, have I ever said on here that anyone here is wrong for believing in god?

I have told you what I don't like....Religion, the bible, and bad arguments.

God is not in that equation.

I have no idea if he exists or not....I'm serious, I really don't know.

My position is that until I find good evidence or a very good argument, I will take the "default" position and believe he does not exists.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

alex, to me it is no different than being labeled as a racist because I am a middle aged white male or a sexist because I am male, people who say you will burn in hell, perhaps just condemned themselves to hell? just like those who would call me sexist or racist are more than likely sexists and racists.

I guess if your issue is the ones going around saying you are going to burn in hell or you have to follow their ideas to not burn in hell, then I can be in agreement.
    but the kids at school with a sign that says Jesus? the word God in a song or poem? the religious based businesses who want to be able to keep their religion in their business?
    these are the ones being attacked.

I do agree if your religion is trying to stop someone from their rights (marriage/abortion) then keep your religion out of it. but at the same time no one should be forced to pay for things or do things that are against their religion, they should be able to keep their religion in it.

in other words is people against gay marriage are not forced to pay or participate, then they it should be legal everywhere. if people against abortions(more tricky for me because I believe someone is being hurt but for argument sakes) do not have to pay or participate, then they have no voice in the matter. if people against marijuana don't have to smoke it or pay for someone else to smoke it, and it is not hurting anyone, then they have no say, make it legal.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Alex, I wouldn't call religious people stupid if I were an atheist. I think that's ignorant. Many atheists do this. Should I hate them all?

By your logic, I should blame all atheists for what some say and do. So I guess all I have to say is, how dare you call me stupid for believing in God?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

That's not the only reason, the main reason is that they are detrimental to society.

Keep working on destroying Western, Christian monogamous societies centered on the family. It is evil to the core and must be replaced by a secular, scientific utopia because of it vastly superior morality.

Sincerely,
    Pol Pot, Mao & Stalin

*A question for you. Why have all of these attempts at secular utopias always ended up in totalitarianism?
    Last edited by tpeichel; 04-01-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Keep working on destroying Western, Christian monogamous societies centered on the family. It is evil to the core and must be replaced by a secular, scientific utopia because of it vastly superior morality.

Sincerely,
    Pol Pot, Mao & Stalin

*A question for you. Why have all of these attempts at secular utopias always ended up in totalitarianism?

Lack of Capitalism?
    A number of reasons?
    They started with totalinarianism in reality?

Any of those acceptable?

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Sincerely,
    Pol Pot, Mao & Stalin

Those guys were dictators masked by a State agenda that they themselves controlled. Why are you so paranoid? Is your Republic that fragile in your eyes? Or are you afraid that the empire is finished.

The internet has leveled a business playing field that was once controlled by the USA, not any longer. Adapt or die .... The rest of the World adapted in the severe recession of 1981.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alex, I wouldn't call religious people stupid if I were an atheist. I think that's ignorant. Many atheists do this.

Do I?

Have I ever called any theist on here stupid?

What I do is challenge their beliefs, just like they are free to challenge my beliefs.

I encourage anyone on here to tackle me on any argumentation dealing with philosophical matters about god and religion.

I crave this type of discussion.....but I would never say that a theist is stupid for believing in god.

I would say he is flawed for how he came to believing in god depending on the arguments he might use.....and then we can discuss this flaw.

By your logic, I should blame all atheists for what some say and do. So I guess all I have to say is, how dare you call me stupid for believing in God?

Once again, I don't use the word "all" to describe christians.

Go over this thread and show me where I said "all christians".

I say...."Most christians", "a lot of christians", but not "all".

Sincerely,
    Pol Pot, Mao & Stalin

What nonsense.

And this is the type of stuff we are more than willing to fight against....

Ridiculous arguments grounded in nothing but flawed assumptions which are vehemently saturated with logical fallacies.

We have been living in a secular society since the constitution was formed.

Don't believe me, then please question why is it that we have progress in this nation, why is it that you have so much freedoms regardless of what you believe, why is it that biblical law isn't the law of the land?

And please don't get me started on morality.....because then we'll be here all night.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Ok, alex. Atheists are ignorant insulting people who don't think before they speak.

Now before you get mad, I didn't say "all".

And yeah, you also fail to qualify whatsoever at times.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345