03-31-2013, 10:33 AM #1
Writing contest! 100$ towards a box of cards at cardsbytheboxes to win!
Once more, we have decided to encourage our members to get writing by launching a writing contest. Up for grabs is $100 towards a box of cards on www.cardsbythebox.com. The best submissions will also be featured in SCF's very own online magazine, Collector's Corner: http://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/magazine/show
Here are the topics you can chose from for this edition of the contest:
1 – April fool's day is fast approaching, in your opinion what has been the ultimate foolish act in your favorite sport or in the hobby?
2- Shorten season report card
We're already at the halfway point in the NHL season, let us know who deserves an A and he should be sent straight to detention without passing go and collecting $200!
3- A major worry...
You might have heard about that terrible accident in a Swiss hockey league, what do you feel must be done to change the game in pro hockey before it is too late (if it isn't already)?
4 – All good things must come to an end...
Riviera announced that 2013 will be his last season. Do you remember when your all time favorite announced they were done? How did you feel? Why were they your favorite?
5 – The Boys of summer are back!
What do you think will happen in MLB this year? Care to venture who will be taking part and winning the World Series?
6- NFL offseason
Who do you see going where this off season? What should your favorite team do to win?
7– And as usual, create your own topic! You can write about anything sports or collecting related!
Each article will receive 250 CC (as long as it is well written and spell checked)
The winning article will be chosen by the editor in chief, the following criteria will be observed when choosing a winner:
the quality of the English
the visual support (pictures, graphics, etc…)
the coherence of the author
1. Simply write any articles about the ten topics mentioned above
2. Your article must have a minimum of 700 words
3. Grand prize winner will receive $100 toward a box on Cardsbythebox.com.
4. All qualified entries will receive 250 CC for their work (unless the article is poorly written and obviously not spell checked)
5. All submissions must be spell checked and posted as a new thread in the article submission forum: http://www.sportscardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=446 . In the thread title include your article title and the words CONTEST ENTRY.
Example: The Future of the Hobby – CONTEST ENTRY
6. The deadline to submit your article is on May 31st 5.00 PM EST.
7. Open to ALL members to include SCF Staff (except for the Editor-in-Chief and the site owner who can submit articles but not win the prize)
8. You can write as many articles as you wish!
ELIGIBILITY AND ARTICLE REQUIREMENTS
1. You must be a member in good standing to enter (No unexpired infractions worth 5 points or more)
2. The article must be your own original work - using something written by someone else will result in disqualification
3. The article you use must be brand new - you cannot use an article which you previously submitted for the articles site or submitted elsewhere
4. Add pictures to your article - it helps getting your message across it’s not an obligation but it can help
1. Each article will be edited and posted on the SCF articles website. They will become SCF’s property.
2. The best articles received will be featured in the upcoming edition of Collector’s Corner, SCF online magazine.
3. The best article will be chosen by the Editor-in-Chief
4. Please be aware that I am currently dealing with family issues and that as a result there might be a delay between you submitting your article and it being published.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here or drop me a PM! I look forward to reading your submissions and best of luck everyone!
1. Passing the Torch http://www.sportscardforum.com/artic...ing-the-torch/
2. Now batting for the Minnesota Twins, Kiiiiiiiiiiiiirby Puckett! http://www.sportscardforum.com/artic...iirby-puckett/
3. Why I Still Collect http://www.sportscardforum.com/artic...still-collect/
4. The Lost Art of Communication http://www.sportscardforum.com/artic...communication/
5. NFL Safe or Sorry: http://www.sportscardforum.com/artic...safe-or-sorry/
6. Moss Over Rice? I Say Yes http://www.sportscardforum.com/artic...ice-i-say-yes/
7.Moss Over Rice? I Say No http://www.sportscardforum.com/artic...rice-i-say-no/
8. A Low-End Collector Stuck in a World of Major Mojo http://www.sportscardforum.com/artic...of-major-mojo/
9. Don't Judge the Hobby by its cover: http://www.sportscardforum.com/artic...-by-its-cover/
10. Childhood, Jealousy and Peyton
11. How to Collect on a Budget
12. Card Karma
14. Predicting the Future: the Next 5 World Series Winners
15. My Granmother's Boyfriend
16. A Gentleman Takes his Final Bow
17. More Than Just a Piece of Cardboard
18. My view of the Current State of Trading and a Possible Solution
19. Perfect Shame: Please Stop While You're Ahead
04-01-2013, 07:36 PM #2
And we have our first entry! Passing the Torch by Guy Mitchell http://www.sportscardforum.com/artic...ing-the-torch/
04-02-2013, 08:20 PM #3
04-04-2013, 09:09 PM #4
04-13-2013, 07:56 PM #5
04-22-2013, 08:52 PM #6
04-27-2013, 08:03 PM #7
04-28-2013, 03:31 AM #8
Hello, how do I enter my submission?LOOKING FOR: Banks, Clemente, Santo, Aramis Autos, Pujols, Harper, RC of all stars especailly older stars, Autos, Older Cubs, and Vintage of stars!
Basketball- Bulls autographs!
TRADELIST/PC!!!!! (updated; check!!!)
04-28-2013, 06:57 PM #9
05-03-2013, 12:25 PM #10
I'm getting to these when I can guys, been working a lot these days and have a friend in the hospital waiting for a heart transplant...time on site has been limited.
And of course, if one article is a rebuttal to another I will aim to post these around pretty much the same time.