Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

And here are the Elite Eight...

TMLxCrosby87
    cjrw83
    Ray33
    oilfan10
    reoddai
    hugehitter31
    slufan83
    KD35Russ0

edit: I'm going to do the brackets differently (just easier to use the program that way), but the 8 final names are unchanged, and I haven't proceeded any further yet. But I will now, so here we go...

DUN DUN DUN!!!
    Last edited by ravens_creed; 04-01-2013 at 09:15 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (406)
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals
    See stlbluesnbirds's Items on eBay

Woot....I'm watching the Blues game but I'll be watching from my phone :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Game #1: cjrw83 vs. slufan83

In a battle of two fierce division rivals, these two teams stepped on the ice and the tension was felt from the opening faceoff... probably because both starting centermen and a total of three players were kicked out of the faceoff circle before the opening puck drop. MAybe it's jut the way the linesman have been this season.

The first period was a battle, and ended in a 0-0 draw. Both teams getting physical, both teams taking their share of whacks behind the referees backs, but an evenly fought period nonetheless.

The second period was a different affair, as several "soft" goals and sub-par goaltending at both ends saw team slufan83 take a 4-3 lead into the dressing room, with team cjrw83 making a goalie change to start the 3rd period...

... which proved to be futile, as team slufan83 continued to pour it in offensively, sometimes not in a pretty way, and they took home a 6-4 victory after the final buzzer, and will advance to the Final Four.

That's right... the FINAL FOUR, baby!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See harpercollector's Items on eBay

Also here! :)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (406)
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals
    See stlbluesnbirds's Items on eBay

Hah, hope my offense pulls me through :p

SCF Rewards
    Country

Game #2: KD35Russ0 vs. oilfan10

*phone call* ... sigh....

SCF Rewards
    Country

where were we....

KD35Russ0 vs. oilfan10

A game that defined "classic playoff hockey" this one was intense from start to finish. Both teams dressed a bigger lineups, electing to go with size over the added speed in the depth positions on their rosters, and it made for a hard-hitting affair, culminating in a glass replacement during the second period... and a drunken angry fan having to be removed after his spirited rage fit when his beer was spilled during as the glass was pushed into the stands. Thankfully no one was hurt. The stars of the show, however, were the goalies at both ends of the ice, making spectacular saves to keep the game close at all times, and eventually forcing overtime. At the 8:45 mark of the first overtime period, KD34Russ0 winger Steve Snipes picked up the puck crossing the blueline...

" ... and now here comes Snipes down the left side, he cuts to the middle and shoot and SCOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE EEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! Ohhhhhh, Nelly, that one beat the goaltender high glove side... and KD35Russ0 will be celebrating tonight.... they're moving on to the Final Four!"

SCF Rewards
    Country

game #3: Ray33 vs. TMLxCrosby87

Folks... what can you say about a game that ends 0-0 after regulation? I'd like to report that it was because of the top-notch goaltending, but that didn't seem to be the case. I wish I could tell you that both teams had great chances and had a case of bad luck, but in reality, the chances were limited, and the usual intensity of a playoff game seemed to be lacking in the arena. Both teams opted for a neutral-zone trap style of play, and after record almost-record-setting low TV ratings during the first 60 minutes, things picked up in overtime... just 2:18 into OT, the most exciting 2 minutes of the game were capped off when Ray33 all-star defenseman Rigo Vertanainen slapped a shot past a screened goaltender, sending them into the Final Four. Congratulations to team Ray33 on their victory... despite the sleepfest.

SCF Rewards
    Country

game 4: reoddai vs. hugehitter31

In the fourth and final of the games of the Elite Eight round, teams reoddai and hugehitter31 played to another classic divisional rivalry in front of a boisterous crowd at the garden. Both goalies shined, both teams had great chances, but in the end, it was the overwhelming influence of the home town crowd that was the difference, as even the referees seemed to buy into the calls made from the stands, resulting in a lob-sided number of penalties being called against the visitors. The nail-biter finished in a 4-3 victory that will see team hugehitter31 advancing to the Final Four, with no guarantees of home ice advantage the rest of the way...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cmo5885's Items on eBay

im not even in this anymore but it is very amusing to read lol

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast