Bryce Harper belts 2 home runs on Opening Day for the Nationals

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/91...r-twice-opener

Washington Nationals left fielder Bryce Harper is the youngest major leaguer to homer twice in his team's opening game of a season, delivering solo shots in his first two at-bats Monday.

The reigning NL Rookie of the Year, who is 20, drove a pitch from Miami Marlins right-hander Ricky Nolasco over the out-of-town scoreboard in right-center in the first inning. Harper's second homer sailed a little to the right of that in the fourth inning.

That first homer made Harper the fourth-youngest player to go deep in his team's first game. Robin Yount was 19 when he homered for Milwaukee against Boston on April 8, 1975, according to STATS. Tony Conigliaro and Ken Griffey Jr. also were younger than Harper, who is 20 years, 167 days old.

Don Money was 21 years, 305 days old on April 8, 1969, when he hit two homers for the Phillies.

After Harper's second homer Monday, some fans at Nationals Park serenaded him with "M-V-P!" chants and he gave a curtain call, stepping out of the dugout and pumping his right fist.

It's the third multi-homer of Harper's career, second against the Marlins.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Love to see this! He's an exciting player, plus I have him on my fantasy team
    Twins, Chris Herrmann, Justin Morneau, Michael Cuddyer, sets, Wild, North Stars
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Follow me on Twitter @Hollywood_42_ Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood42 View Post
    Love to see this! He's an exciting player, plus I have him on my fantasy team
    He should do very well this year and I wish I had some stuff of him because it looks like it will be approaching levels that I won't be able to afford....
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Yeah, I agree. Course, most of his stuff is already out of my range
    Twins, Chris Herrmann, Justin Morneau, Michael Cuddyer, sets, Wild, North Stars
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Follow me on Twitter @Hollywood_42_ Hidden Content

He's on pace to hit 324 home runs this season
    Collecting:
    Cincinnati Reds Certified Autograph Cards
    Dayton Flyers Basketball Anything

Hidden Content

I just backed up the Brinks truck to get that Beckett graded '11 Bowman Chrome auto...and Bryce is making me feel like I got a bargain, lol. I made a prediction he'd hit 40 homers this year. It's looking good so far.
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

He's definitely got some game, that's for sure! Very exciting stuff! Trout's opening day performance was not quite as impressive. I know there was a lot of hype over who was going to do better this year. We'll obviously need more than 1 game to determine that, but 2 HR's are a good way to start off the race! I don't really go after cards of these kind of guys, but it makes me doubly glad I pulled his auto from Ginter last year so I won't have to shell out a ton of money to buy it! (Or trade for it)
    Supercollecting: Bert Blyleven

Follow my Allen and Ginter Obsession here: Hidden Content

(Don't Even Click Here It's So Outdated) Photobucket: Hidden Content

Whether or not he ends up putting up crazy numbers, this team is destined for greatness. They have my vote as the national league contender. It's funny when you think about how afwul this team was 3 years ago.

Getting a couple of #1 picks, and being in the top 10 every year will help a team get better.
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.