Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Randy Johnson

SCF Rewards
    Country

Randy Johnson

Not necessarily TTM, but does this guy sign? I loved watching him as a kid, I'd like to add him to the collection.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gowarrior's Items on eBay

He did a show a couple weeks ago (March 16) in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ. Prices were insane. I think it was almost $200 for balls and flats, more for equipment, and of course inscriptions were extra.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I also notice when he does appearances that he won't sign jerseys that don't have at least 5 other players on them. Is there a good reason for this? I was guessing it's so he knows it's for a collector rather than a dealer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I also notice when he does appearances that he won't sign jerseys that don't have at least 5 other players on them. Is there a good reason for this? I was guessing it's so he knows it's for a collector rather than a dealer.

I saw that rule when he did the recent one in NJ. Thought it was a pretty weird rule. Can't really think of any other good explanation so maybe you're right.

Here's my take on that though... If you're PAYING an athlete for an autograph at a show then you should be able to do whatever you want with it. If you choose to sell it, that's fine. If you choose to get an authentic jersey signed you're investing a couple hundred in the item, then paying another couple hundred (or more) for the autograph. So you end up investing about the same amount as you would pay if you bought the jersey retail from Steiner, etc. Probably around $600. So if you want to sell it, that's your business and you're not likely to get much more than your $600 investment for it. Randy has already been paid good money to sign it so why should he care? It's just weird, I guess...

I know he is scheduled for another signing in Chicago in August.
    http://www.tristarproductions.com/National/index.html
    Last edited by GoWarrior; 04-02-2013 at 11:12 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of.

SCF Rewards
    Country

He'll be at a Chicago show this August. Because of the high prices, I'm waiting until he's in the HOF.

SCF Rewards
    Country

He'll be at a Chicago show this August. Because of the high prices, I'm waiting until he's in the HOF.

The way he is im sure his fee will go up when he gets in the HOF.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

He did a show a couple weeks ago (March 16) in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ. Prices were insane. I think it was almost $200 for balls and flats, more for equipment, and of course inscriptions were extra.

Geee whiz, I'm sorry but he's no Sandy Koufax to be charging those kind of prices...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Geee whiz, I'm sorry but he's no Sandy Koufax to be charging those kind of prices...

IF ONLY Koufax would do a show... I'd pay him whatever he wants!

SCF Rewards
    Country

IF ONLY Koufax would do a show... I'd pay him whatever he wants!

I would too easily would drop 200-300 or more for him to sign my poster with currently 83 other dodgers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast