Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NRA-commissioned study supports having armed guards in schools

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

If schools were full of gold instead of children would there be armed guards protecting them?

Quote Originally Posted by boba View Post
    If schools were full of gold instead of children would there be armed guards protecting them?
    Bingo!

gold? heck if the first lady or a congressman was there, would there not be armed guards?
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

In the high schools in the Atlanta area there are county cops who patrol the schools. I don't have a problem with this and I don't know why anyone would.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

our schools have a resource officer, which is a policeman who hangs out at the school, but this is not the armed guards they are referring to.
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

Why don't they just teach a course on gun safety and allow the kids to arm themselves? Based on the views presented here in another thread, most would be okay with the grade 6 students protecting the school.
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven View Post
    Why don't they just teach a course on gun safety and allow the kids to arm themselves? Based on the views presented here in another thread, most would be okay with the grade 6 students protecting the school.
    Making them take a course would be an infringement, you dirty liberal!
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

so you associate hunting and target practice with self defense or protection skills?

big difference in shooting a target or deer than an armed human.
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    So you support putting prison guards in schools? Boy, the kids will LOVE that.

Up police funding, training and presence at schools. No need for armed guards, just police actually doing their job. No need for armed guards. It's my experience that "guards" are trained significantly less than police, and police aren't trained well enough.

Yeah, there's too many shootings in schools. More guns in schools will help that...
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast