Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile What baseball player or team best describes your collection?

Just came up with an interesting idea, wanted to know what your thoughts were. I'm not talking about what player or team your collection is built around, but rather, what team or player best describes your collection (or your collecting habits) as personality. Could be Mickey Hatcher (just here having fun), the Yankees (high roller that buys anything you want. Or just old, your choice ), or maybe the utility player that does a bit of everything. I don't know my answer yet, will have to think about it for awhile, but I thought this was kinda a cool idea and wanted to see what other people had to say!
    Twins, Chris Herrmann, Justin Morneau, Michael Cuddyer, sets, Wild, North Stars
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Follow me on Twitter @Hollywood_42_ Hidden Content

The Cubs. I have some good cards , but nothing great or HOF worthy yet... Just like the teams players. While it's not an amazing collection I am still happy and having fun with it, just like watching the Cubs. One day it might get some good pieces, just like the Cubs one day might get that elusive jewelry. You can check out my Cubs stuff here:
    http://s7.photobucket.com/user/starx...lection?page=1
    I collect: Marbury, Jordan, Kobe, D-Will, AI, Durantula
    Chicago Cubs, Giancarlo Stanton, Randy Moss, Minnesota Vikings
    MY SITE:Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Great comparison! Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by wrigleyfield View Post
    The Cubs. I have some good cards , but nothing great or HOF worthy yet... Just like the teams players. While it's not an amazing collection I am still happy and having fun with it, just like watching the Cubs. One day it might get some good pieces, just like the Cubs one day might get that elusive jewelry. You can check out my Cubs stuff here:
    http://s7.photobucket.com/user/starx...lection?page=1
    Twins, Chris Herrmann, Justin Morneau, Michael Cuddyer, sets, Wild, North Stars
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Follow me on Twitter @Hollywood_42_ Hidden Content

The Yankees because I collect veterans and Hall of Famers with little to no prospects or rookies
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

hmmm....I would say mine is like the Pirates....really good in the 70's and 80's...sort of faded away in the 90's. Then some hits or misses to the present. Trying to get back into it now...
    Hidden Content <- my wants
    most anything I have more than 1 of in my SCF inventory is FT...PM me for info
    Always looking to add to these team collections: Toronto Maple Leafs; Pittsburgh Steelers; Cincinnati Reds; Notre Dame; Team Sweden Hockey

I'm a hunter. I lie in the weeds, observing Ebay and comc, until I find my target. Then I pounce!!! So while I can't think of one team or player that matches that way of doing it, I am most decidedly NOT the Brewers (or Packers for that matter), as they never "pounce" on anybody.

I am very much an individual card buying guy now. I buy boxes here and there for the fun factor, but I build my collection pretty much one card at a time.
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

The Florida Marlins,cheap then it looks great for a couple of years gets sold off and then back to being cheap.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Since the report came out last night that my AZ DBacks are the "Most Affordable" team, I would have to say the DBacks. Whatever is affordable on the wallet.

-BAM
    Luis Gonzalez Collection: 878/3061 = 28.68%
    US ARMY: 2005 - 2013
    OEF-P: 2/09-9/09 & 10/10-10/11 / OEF: 9/13-8/14

The Marlins - I spend big money and realize it was all a waste. Lol jk. I guess I'm like the Yankees. I don't get a lot of cards anymore, but when I do, I go for the high end stuff. I used to go for cheaper stuff, but I often find myself to be more of a quality go over quantity.

I collect the Royals. One because I live there. Two because I like Mike Moustakas and Eric Hosmer. Three they are a solid young team
    Super-collector of Luke Hochevar
    My Hochevar inventory: opg.sportscardforum.com/scf/inv/cardlist/1/searchplayername/luke-hochevar/pli/18611/searchsportid/100
    My Hoch Stats: 284/719 39.5%(including 1/1s) 280/473 59.2%(excluding 1/1s)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast