Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ughh ebay sellers

So I won a Thurmon Munson and Steve Garvey RC lot on eBay. I paid everything and the shipping was a reasonable $2 and some change. I receive the card in a PWE and just 2 toploaders, nothing more. Not even tape on the top to stop the cards from coming out.

Luckily, the cards were fine.

Anyways, I left the guy a Positive feedback but left in the comment that he needed to ship better for the future.

He sends me a message stating that had the lot gone for more money, he would've sent in a bubble mailer and not just a plain envelop. I responded by saying that I paid the $2 and change to have the card shipped to me in a protective bubble mailer. It doesn't matter how much the card goes for, I still paid shipping. The shipping cost will be the same if the card goes for $1 or $100. I sarcastic ask for a $2 refund for the shipping cost. He hasn't responded yet.

So frankly, he just sent in a PWE to save money and pocket most of the shipping money. Its happens all the time, I know but seriously?

I don't know. I guess I just needed to rant. So blah blah blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    LOOKING FOR: Banks, Clemente, Santo, Harper and Trout RC, RC of all stars especailly older stars, Autos, Older Cubs, and Vintage of stars!
    Basketball- Bulls autographs, Anthony Davis and LeBron RC!
    TRADELIST/PC!!!!! (updated; check!!!)
    Hidden Content

That's pretty trashy. I usually guesstimate how much shipping is going to be, and I'll err on the side of it costing more. I shipped on sale today for $2.07, and the S/H for the sale was $2.50. It's less than a postage stamp that I "made" on shipping and handling there. But it's nowhere near what that guy did. Ah well, can't win 'em all.
    Supercollecting: Bert Blyleven

Follow my Allen and Ginter Obsession here: Hidden Content

(Don't Even Click Here It's So Outdated) Photobucket: Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Yeah I got really irked when I got a Justin Upton game used for my PC and the card only went for $1 and some change but I paid $3.50 for shipping that I won on a Friday and then bought another card Saturday night and it happened to be from same seller so I asked him if I could get a combined shipping instead of paying $3.50 twice. He responded with a no he didn't combine shipping. So I was already irked that I spent roughly $4 on cards and $7 to have them shipped so I was going to make sure I checked these packages when they came in. Well about a week later I get a PWE in the mail with both cards stuffed in there in same toploader and all and that really had me ticked bc I didn't pay $7 to get my cards in a PWE so I emailed him and told him I was very unsatisfied bc I paid a total of $7 in shipping and got the cards in a PWE and in same toploader. I told him I had a problem with them being in same envelope since he couldn't combine the shipping on the cards he shouldn't have combined my package and for the price of shipping he was charging I should have gotten a bubble mailer atleast. Told him I was going to leave negative feedback bc I was unhappy. We went back and forth for a few hrs bc he didn't understand why I was upset about a PWE and my cards were ok. I tryed to explain bc I paid $7 for shipping and i got cards in a .50 envelope with a .50 stamp so where'd the other $6 of my shipping go. He finally said he would refund me my entire shipping if I would leave positive feedback and I said that was fine with me. So he finally refunded the $7 and I did leave positive feedback but I still am amazed he didn't see why I was upset. You charge me $7 to ship in a PWE an expect me not to be upset. Sorry for the long read..
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

Yeah, that's pretty crummy. I expect that if shipping is only $1.00 it'll be in a PWE, and I'm OK with that. But if the person is charging $2.50 or more, it ought to be in a bubble mailer.

I once bought five cards from a seller on eBay and they put the cards in a folded ziploc bag and didn't even use penny sleeves! Luckily none of the cards were dinged, but what an idiot.

I actually prefer *not* getting tape on toploaders, I'd rather they put the toploaders in a team bag and fold it over tightly, which gives the same result but doesn't make me spend all the time peeling off tape.

Remember, every time someone puts tape on a toploader, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens!
    Hidden Content
    Always Buying and Trading for BGS/BVG Graded Cards of:
    Roberto Clemente - Ichiro - Cal Ripken - Nolan Ryan - Mike Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Clemson2012 View Post
    I asked him if I could get a combined shipping instead of paying $3.50 twice. He responded with a no he didn't combine shipping. So I was already irked that I spent roughly $4 on cards and $7 to have them shipped...
    What kind of feedback did this seller have? Was it 100% positive with a lot of sales, or just a few?

You did the right thing by writing to the person and asking for a refund instead of simply leaving negative feedback. I wish more eBay buyers would think like you and try to resolve an issue first.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard7 View Post

Remember, every time someone puts tape on a toploader, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens!
    Good, I hate cats! haha
    LOOKING FOR: Banks, Clemente, Santo, Harper and Trout RC, RC of all stars especailly older stars, Autos, Older Cubs, and Vintage of stars!
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard7 View Post
    What kind of feedback did this seller have? Was it 100% positive with a lot of sales, or just a few?

You did the right thing by writing to the person and asking for a refund instead of simply leaving negative feedback. I wish more eBay buyers would think like you and try to resolve an issue first.
    Had over 1000 feedback and a 100% feedback rating. I always try to work something out if I'm unsatisfied bc I honestly would hate to leave negative feedback. It wasn't even about getting my shipping refunded. I really just wanted to let him know I was unsatisfied about it being sent in a PWE and would have been happy if he had just admitted it was wrong to charge that much for shipping and then send it in a PWE. But I always try and work an issue out bc I don't like leaving negative feedback and also would want the same in return.
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lzjp View Post
    Good, I hate cats! haha
    What if it was puppies instead? Then how would you feel?
    Hidden Content

No more tape!
    Hidden Content

I used to leave posative feedback but killed them on the "Stars" for shipping. That was until I got an email from eBay telling me I was abusing there feedback system. If I pay you $3 for S&H and you send my card in a PWE with a stamp I'm giving you 1 star. I called them and told them I wanted to talk to the people in charge of sending me the email and I was told that team leader would call me, I'm still waiting. I have not left feedback since. My truthful feedback is not wanted so I won't be leaving any at all.

Steve
    Amazing Heroes
    Union NJ 07083

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast