Obama to return 5% of salary because of sequester

President Obama follows the lead of Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, giving up some salary because the sequester is forcing layoffs

President Obama plans to return 5% of his salary in response to federal workers who are going to be furloughed, an official said Wednesday.

The decision comes a day after a similar move by Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel.
    Obama's move is retroactive to March 1, the first day the ongoing $85 billion in budget cuts known as the sequester began to take effect.
    The president's base salary is $400,000 a year.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...hagel/2050121/

=Side note i am sure this will draw fire and few whacked out comments.!
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha

OK I will strike first.Like taking a bucket of sand off the beach.
    "Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here". Jack Nicholson
    My Bucket
    Hidden Content

While the money won't help the budget number all that much I like the move and think all politicians should be subject to the furlough if other government employees are. I actually think it's a bit discouraging that they even have a choice. It's easy to do when it's not their money they are cutting. If nothing else you'd think all politicians would give up 5% of their pay to help their look when it comes to the next election cycle. For the amount of cash most of them spend on elections, 5%, even if it's their own personal salary, seems to be very cheap positive advertising for their campaigns.
    Check out my NEW FaceBook Fan page of my abstract painting and graphic design work!!!
    Hidden Content

Brilliant PR move on his part, considering 5% loss in his salary is nothing compared to how much money he actually has.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283