Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Obama to return 5% of salary because of sequester

President Obama follows the lead of Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, giving up some salary because the sequester is forcing layoffs

President Obama plans to return 5% of his salary in response to federal workers who are going to be furloughed, an official said Wednesday.

The decision comes a day after a similar move by Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel.
    Obama's move is retroactive to March 1, the first day the ongoing $85 billion in budget cuts known as the sequester began to take effect.
    The president's base salary is $400,000 a year.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...hagel/2050121/

=Side note i am sure this will draw fire and few whacked out comments.!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

OK I will strike first.Like taking a bucket of sand off the beach.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

While the money won't help the budget number all that much I like the move and think all politicians should be subject to the furlough if other government employees are. I actually think it's a bit discouraging that they even have a choice. It's easy to do when it's not their money they are cutting. If nothing else you'd think all politicians would give up 5% of their pay to help their look when it comes to the next election cycle. For the amount of cash most of them spend on elections, 5%, even if it's their own personal salary, seems to be very cheap positive advertising for their campaigns.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Brilliant PR move on his part, considering 5% loss in his salary is nothing compared to how much money he actually has.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283