Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Looks like a solid ex-mt type set to me. You could just grade the key cards OR go full-on and grade the whole thing and file it with the set registry.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Looks like a solid ex-mt type set to me. You could just grade the key cards OR go full-on and grade the whole thing and file it with the set registry.

Hello sir, please explain "set registry"? Whose registry?? I was just gonna take 2 or 3 to the KSA guy at the big show in a couple weeks for raw grades and see what happens.............

You think EX-MT is the best I've got tho eh? That's a littttttttle sad .............

SCF Rewards
    Country

Set registry, ok this is gonna take a minute. Let's pretend you have a complete set that is awesome. We'll use your 71 topps hockey set as the example. You get EVERY CARD graded by psa (now Beckett just started it's own version of the registry as well, so going BGS might be an option you'd have to check their website). Once you have every card graded you "register" the cards as a complete graded set. The grades are then averaged out somehow (yeah sorry don't know the how part) to give your overall set a grade. So you'd have a full registered graded set. Yes judging by the photos I'd say you'd end up with a set grade in the 6-7 range but it's REALLY hard to tell from just scans.

This is why PSA10 dirt commons from 86 fleer basketball still command decent money, set builders want a PSA10 set.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The cost for me to get 132 cards graded and they come back 6's and 7's?? .....................I'd probably hang myself.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah but you'd probably (though technically I'd have to check) have the highest registered 71 topps set on the planet. Or at least ONE of the highest graded sets. It's a very niche market but there are guys working on some crazy things out there. The competition to have the highest graded 52 topps set is nuts.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nooooooooooooooo, the highest PSA graded 71/72 set is a 9.36

This thread has hit rock bottom for me. The cards are goin back in the attic, I need a drink...............

SCF Rewards
    Country

WOW I can't believe someone went that hardcore on 71 topps, my hats off to them. But don't put them back in the attic get them a nice case to go in some better protection?

SCF Rewards
    Country

First set I collected as a kid. Nice.

SCF Rewards
    Country

First set I collected as a kid. Nice.

Mine was 74/75 OPC. Bob Gainey's lipssssssssss........

And for some reason Chris Ahrens was my favorite card, he had the most amazing mullet.......

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

umm...soo.... HOW DO U FORGET ABOUT A SET LIKE THIS!!!! haha, they look very nice and def get the Lafleur and Dryden in if any, i would probably grade that checklist too, u know how the values of those old CL's go

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast