Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Like I said, I'm working on the 2012 National Treasures rated rookie silver (/99 autos), if I ever finish I might try for another part of the set, maybe just the rated rookie auto/jerseys.
    Looking for 2012 National Treasures on card silver (/99) rated rookie autos, 2006 SP Legendary Cuts inserts/numbered base and most Mets auto/GU.
    Also looking for Celtics Autos/GU and 2012 Totally Certified Gold
    Hidden Content

My 2006 Legendary cuts set has been a pain though. I haven't even been able to find a full checklist of the two insert sets anywhere which is really irritating. And at first I thought that there was just a whole other base set /550 but now I guess its just the high numbers that are short printed. It seems like it'd be fairly easy to build a set that's just the base and two small insert sets but it seems like no one has any so I've been having to buy more boxes than I'd like. I've already bought 3 boxes and have two more on the way and I'm only maybe %60-%70 through the base set and maybe %25 through the inserts (although like I said I really don't know how many are in those sets, I'm assuming like 10-12 at this point). If anyone can help me find a checklist for the two insert sets (Baseball Chronology and When it was a game) for 2006 Legendary Cuts that would really make my day. The 2012 national treasures rated rookie autos are going well though, I have about 17 or 18 now I think, its a really pretty looking set too (check my bucket if you'd like to see em), I'm just really worried that the Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, Yu Darvish and Wi Yu Chen are gonna cost me what Ill be spending on the rest of the set just by themselves. I almost won a Harper the other day on ebay but passed my max at the last second, haven't even ever seen one the Mike Trout ROYs on ebay yet, so that one will be tough. It'll be a nice set once its done though, and very re-sellable I think (although i'm collecting it mostly just for fun).
    Looking for 2012 National Treasures on card silver (/99) rated rookie autos, 2006 SP Legendary Cuts inserts/numbered base and most Mets auto/GU.
    Also looking for Celtics Autos/GU and 2012 Totally Certified Gold
    Hidden Content

hmmm...
    actually in the process of cataloging all of the cards from when I first collected in the 70's 80's and 90's. Did a lot of collecting, and NOT a lot of keeping track of what I actually have.

working on filling out:

79,80,81,82,83,84,85,86 Topps...all in various states of "focus" closest to finishing 83

also have to clean up my stuff from the early 90's....Topps, Upper Deck

about 20 cards away from Topps 2013 Series 1

also have to clean up the same years above for football and hockey too...

for me, all of this is just base. I have always considered inserts just that, so they don't count in my mind as completing a set. They are "extra"...
    Hidden Content <- my wants
    most anything I have more than 1 of in my SCF inventory is FT...PM me for info
    Always looking to add to these team collections: Toronto Maple Leafs; Pittsburgh Steelers; Cincinnati Reds; Notre Dame; Team Sweden Hockey

I love the new cards because I am such a big baseball fan I like the current guys. Having a lot of fun collecting 2013 Heritage right now.
    My available cards for trade are listed Hidden Content . Scans are available upon request.
    Collecting
    Minnesota Twins GU/Relic/Auto cards.

Greetings:
    Hhhhhmmmm......well I think I need to chime on this one which set is the toughest for me well......basically anything I am building on any of the sets. No one has singles or if they have singles no one wants to trade them but only for the newest hottest item available. Believe me the list is endless in trying to find things thats why I come on here in hopes that I can find someone that might have some of my needs and I have some of their needs. As years go by its harder and harder to locate some of the stuff or the prices rise to keep me from achieving completion. Case in point I know its not baseball but back in `05/`06 I started the Upper Deck Hockey and I still need 2 cards one of them is the Sidney Crosby RC now its very hard to find one that isnt graded. Thats another peeve of being a set builder is dealing with those that graded compared to raw like. Anytime a new product comes out there someone grabbing all the rookies they can get and then slabbing them so when it comes to a set builder they are left trying to locate a nonslabbed or they take all the rookies and then wait for that rookie to rise in the price and when they do they want the rare of the rare for it in trade or $$$$$$. Another thing is they do if the player doesnt pan out they place in the 5000ct boxes and they dont see the light of day then your short a couple of cards. Believe me these are all things I have to deal with everytime I get a box or try to attempt to make any set. I am sorry for my post being long but I been building sets since 1990 and the 3 oldest sets I am currently working are 1967 topps,1972 topps,1975 topps mini and thats just in Baseball alone. So as I conclude this post I will say this set building isnt dead cause I am trying my best to keep it alive its other factors that are trying to kill this craft.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.

S.R.'75

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jayohhessaych View Post
    I built the base set of 2011 Topps Lineage, that set got me back into collecting. After building a few other sets, I decided to go back and try to build sets for all the inserts, mini's, both refractor styles, and all the mini relics. This is getting very expensive for a set seemingly nobody but me liked.

Is anybody building any current season sets? I only ask because nothing is calling to me this year. I might go for 2013 Archives but am undecided. I think I went overboard in 2012 (Topps series 1 w/ all inserts, Gypsy queen w/ sp's and inserts, Heritage w/ sp's and Inserts, and I'm still working on Cooperstown, Chrome, and am 13 away from completing all inserts and sp's of Archives)
    You must be my brother from another mother. I also started with the 2011 Topps Lineage set to get me back into the hobby, with the goal of putting most of a master set together (minus the refractors and mini relics). I put it on the back burner somewhat for now as newer cards have come out, but I'll get back to it in due time.

I'm also trying to complete the 2012 Topps Archives master set (minus the gold foil parallels), and it's been very tough to get the last few cards I need. Even on eBay some of these cards don't show up often.

I plan to get at least 3 hobby boxes of 2013 Archives with the goal of completing that master set. This year I won't wait so long to buy the SP's so hopefully more people will have them.
    Hidden Content
    Always Buying and Trading for BGS/BVG Graded Cards of:
    Roberto Clemente - Ichiro - Cal Ripken - Nolan Ryan - Mike Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard7 View Post
    You must be my brother from another mother. I also started with the 2011 Topps Lineage set to get me back into the hobby, with the goal of putting most of a master set together (minus the refractors and mini relics). I put it on the back burner somewhat for now as newer cards have come out, but I'll get back to it in due time.

I'm also trying to complete the 2012 Topps Archives master set (minus the gold foil parallels), and it's been very tough to get the last few cards I need. Even on eBay some of these cards don't show up often.

I plan to get at least 3 hobby boxes of 2013 Archives with the goal of completing that master set. This year I won't wait so long to buy the SP's so hopefully more people will have them.
    Archives is giving me trouble too, the "In Action" and "Classic Combos" inserts are surprisingly hard to find.

Last year I did Heritage, A&G, GQ, Archives, Topps Chrome, and some insert sets (Minis from Topps, Chrome Die Cuts, etc.) Also am close to completing the regular minis and variations of GQ, regular minis of A&G, and Heritage Chrome from last year. Some things are tough to come by, especially those darn retail only inserts from Archives like jayohh mentioned.
    Currently in the hospital with my father until 12/12 with limited internet access. Will be completing trades when I return.
    ***Need 2012 A&G Guys in Hats and Fashionable Ladies***
    Currently Job Prospecting, give me some leeway on shipping time. Thanks!
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jayohhessaych View Post
    Archives is giving me trouble too, the "In Action" and "Classic Combos" inserts are surprisingly hard to find.
    You're not kidding. I opened two hobby boxes (48 packs) of Archives and got exactly one Classic Combos card and one In Action card.
    Hidden Content
    Always Buying and Trading for BGS/BVG Graded Cards of:
    Roberto Clemente - Ichiro - Cal Ripken - Nolan Ryan - Mike Trout

1999 Skybox Molten Metal (Master Set)
    2003 UD Patch Collection (Base/MVP Insert Set)
    2008 & 2009 UD X (Master Set)
    2001-Present Topps Golder Border Set
    Luis Gonzalez Collection: 835/3011 = 27.73%
    Arizona DBacks Collection: 1062 Cards (No Dupes!)
    US ARMY: 2005 - 2013 / OEF-P: FEB 09 - SEP 09 & OCT 10 - OCT 11 / U.S. Contractor (OEF) 2013 - Present

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast