Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jogesc2's Items on eBay

The Summit Show April 20/21 in Edmonton

So I'm thinking of driving up from Calgary on the Saturday for this show, just wanted to know if it's worth it. I went to the inaugural show a few years back when it was held accross from Rexall and it was terrible. Very few vendors and lots of empty space. Luckily I was up there already for a concert so it wasn't a waste of a drive. Does anyone know if it's gotten better over the last few years?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I couldn't make it last year and can't say if this year is expected to be better. Ideally, you should contact the show organizers to ask about the number of confirmed tables/dealers and how that compares to last year. To do that, here's their website and you'll find contact info for the show organizers:

http://www.thesummitshow.com/index.html

Here's some other info about the show off of the website and please note, I am NOT affiliated with the show at all so I'm not seeking to promote it, only assist with the hobby and answering your question:

Edmonton (Sherwood Park), AB

Dates & Times:
    Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
    Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM

Admission:
    Adults: $8.00 each day per day
    Two Day Passes: $13.00
    Children: 12 and under FREE

ITG 12 - 13 Heroes & Prospects Wrapper Redemption

Signing Guests:

PAUL HENDERSON
    $80.00 for regular items (photos up to 11x14, pucks, cards, books)
    $100.00 for medium sized items (large photos, canvas)
    $120.00 for premium items (jerseys, jersey #'s, equipment)
    No inscription's will be allowed
    Personalization's are included in all prices up to 3 words

ROGIE VACHON
    $25.00 to have any item signed.

CHARLIE HODGE
    $20.00 to have any item signed.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ive gone every year. The first year near Rexall was awful. It's gotten better since it moved to Sherwood Park, but it's still only about 1/2 card tables, and 1/2 things like memorabilia, pictures, stuff like that. It's not a full day event at all IMO, and this year they've announced that they'll be welcoming people that collect things like stamps, coins, etc. Which is cool, but its not my thing.

If the autograph guests interest you, or you're bored, make the drive. But don't expect something like the old Bossa shows or anything.

How come they don't come to Alberta anymore?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mightykeebs's Items on eBay

Ive gone every year. The first year near Rexall was awful. It's gotten better since it moved to Sherwood Park, but it's still only about 1/2 card tables, and 1/2 things like memorabilia, pictures, stuff like that. It's not a full day event at all IMO, and this year they've announced that they'll be welcoming people that collect things like stamps, coins, etc. Which is cool, but its not my thing.

If the autograph guests interest you, or you're bored, make the drive. But don't expect something like the old Bossa shows or anything.

From what I've heard, Summit and Bossa have a verbal deal not to go onto each others "turf" so to speak. Which is why Bossa doesn't come to Alberta anymore.

As for signings and what not, they are clearly getting better as time goes on.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Our Bossa Big Show is 1 week later! Its the best show of the year by far in Vancouver. The other 2 day show sounds a lot like yours, half hockey cards while the other half is misc stuff like comics / memorabilia / coins / etc

I cant wait!
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jogesc2's Items on eBay

With only half the show being cards I don't think it's worth the drive for me. I really enjoyed the Bossa shows in Calgary and was sad to see them stop. I'll check out the Calgary Summit show in the fall and hopefully it's alot like the Bossa shows.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

only made it to the Bossa show last year, ill def be at the Summit this year though!

edit: from mightykeebs message maybe im messing this up and it was the Summit i went too lol (river cree)

SCF Rewards
    Country

also, PSA/DNA, im assuming they will be doing onsite authentication hey? good timing to get my Tim Horton done with a real COA

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See eberleclone's Items on eBay

only made it to the Bossa show last year, ill def be at the Summit this year though!

edit: from mightykeebs message maybe im messing this up and it was the Summit i went too lol (river cree)

Bossa was at the River Cree and the Summit was the show at Millenium Place in Sherwood park. Let me know what day you are planning on going.
    Kari Haakana Supercollector

SCF Rewards
    Country

ah yes k i did miss the summit then, bossa is what i hit (lafleur), and Jordan ill probably be heading over both days for a bit so ill keep ya updated for sure! got one friend that wants to go saturday and another sunday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast