Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

My 1st Booklet style custom

Well I started playing around with an idea of a booklet and building one.Please keep in mind I have Zero design ability so this first one was made from leftovers of my 1986 Mets custom set.I wanted a fat book that would accommodate a sweet spot sig,full letter patch or even a bat barrel or knob.I made one side 1/4 inch thick and the other slightly thinner at 3/16 or so.The card opens like a real book similar to some of the Football Mem cards I have seen.I didn't get fancy and hollow any of the cards out to place an item in them.I only wanted to build the card on my first go.I am in the process of a building a traditional booklet card using what I have and my limited design ability.I will post that one when it's done here as well.

Last edited by GUCD231; 04-04-2013 at 08:10 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice! What kind of paper did you use for the binding? Do you think it will hold through multiple opening/closings or will it start to tear quickly?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

Hi,thanks.The paper is the same printing paper used for the images with a thin black stock added to it.As far as strength and durability you can open it a thousand times and it will keep it's integrity.

P.S, great customs,did you do the designs?I love the Back to The Future set.

-Steve

Nice! What kind of paper did you use for the binding? Do you think it will hold through multiple opening/closings or will it start to tear quickly?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hi,thanks.The paper is the same printing paper used for the images with a thin black stock added to it.As far as strength and durability you can open it a thousand times and it will keep it's integrity.

Thanks

P.S, great customs,did you do the designs?I love the Back to The Future set.
    -Steve

Yes, I did it all my self. Besides the 3 shown in the signature, I have 4 more BTTF at PSA; Lea Thompson, C. Lloyd, M.J. Fox and Mary Steenburgen. Can't find small signatures of either of the girlfriends; Claudia Wells and Elizabeth Shue.
    Thread with closeups..https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...Signature-cuts

SCF Rewards
    Country

great craftsmanship. I have made a couple booklet cards and I just keep my booklet binding straight. This way it will never tear or get that bent card look. I'm sure some people would prefer them to fold up, but I just like them for display.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

Alifaxwa2-Great link,they look awesome.I want to make a few actor auto cut books myself,a Married with Children being a must.

lilmezzy-Thanks bud.Once I get rolling I will just display them the same way you do flat.I would like to pick up one of those nice holders the have now to display.I do like the fold as they are books,I have designed them so they won't tear.
    Last edited by GUCD231; 04-05-2013 at 04:39 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very nice.

Crisp, crisp corners. Looks very authentic.

I've never dabbled in the booklets but seeing yours might light that fire.

Great job.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

Brett,thanks buddy.Lmk if I can be of any assistance.I will post another I have been working on.

-Steve
    Very nice.

Crisp, crisp corners. Looks very authentic.

I've never dabbled in the booklets but seeing yours might light that fire.

Great job.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Brett,thanks buddy.Lmk if I can be of any assistance.I will post another I have been working on.

-Steve

You got a serious talent!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

Just alot of practice and patience but thanks bud.
    You got a serious talent!

Last edited by GUCD231; 04-06-2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: NO u in patience

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast