Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

Sedins or Nugent Hopkins/Hall debate ??:):)

I was just listening to the canucks game and thinking who do u guys think is the better tandem? Sedins or nugent Hopkins/hall??

The oilers tandem has speed and skill while the sedins have skill, and know where each other is at all times creating confusion for defence

so who would u want in ur team??
    Hidden Content
    I collect: Adam Larsson, Mason Raymond and Matt Duchene

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See th1ckasabr1ck's Items on eBay

Oilers tandem and it's not close. The Sedins are talented, but they're in their 30s. Hall and RNH are 19 and 21.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It depends on what you want them for.

If you're building a team, no question it's Hall & RNH. They're 10+ years younger.

If you were trying to win today, and the future didn't matter - Sedins would edge them out.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Hall looks to be the next Adam Oates, but with less points. The Sedins took a little longer to really increase their point output, so Hall and RNH have the jump there.

It all depends. If both groups of 2 stay together their entire careers and neither of the 2 groups win a mug, then that will be significant. What you might want to ask, is who has the goods to win the Stanley Cup.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

That's really tough. I think I'm with 30Ranford on this.
    I will say, the difference I noticed between the two 4-0 games was the Oilers got there's mostly with Hall and the Canucks got scoring from a few guys and played a solid game throughout. That might say a lot about Hall, if it shows he can be the entire offense in a blowout of a top team.

SCF Rewards
    Country

None of them!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Honestly, I would probably woudn't say RNH/Hall I would say Hall/Eberle would be more fitting........but anyways I agree with 30RanfordFan I would DEFINITELY choose Sedins to win Cup right away, but if you want to rebuild then I would DEFINITELY choose Hall/RNH (or Hall/Eberle).

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Hall looks to be the next Adam Oates, but with less points. The Sedins took a little longer to really increase their point output, so Hall and RNH have the jump there.

It all depends. If both groups of 2 stay together their entire careers and neither of the 2 groups win a mug, then that will be significant. What you might want to ask, is who has the goods to win the Stanley Cup.

uh? Oates was the leading assist getter of the 1990s so before you can say anything like that about Hall he needs to play a few more years in the NHL. Plus Hall is a winger and Oates is a center and a Hall of Famer etc etc. Perhaps you have Oates confused with someone else?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

The OP doesn't specify if it's the Sedins now or the Sedins in their younger years. Regardless, the Sedins are proven in the regular season in the playoffs and the regular season whereas anyone on the oilers is still young and have yet to even make a post season contribution. So, for me it's the Sedins and it's not that close. Plus the Sedins make plays that no other dual can make or even attempt b/c of theiri chemistry.

BANNED

Country
    See hockey_99's Items on eBay

yea as im a fan of the oilers youth and not so much the sedins. I still going to have to give this to the Sedins.

RNH/Hall are still to young in the league to get that kind of respect. (unless your going to put up Gretzky/Selanne stats)

Sedins have proven themselves. They get the nod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast