1999 Bowman's Best - 2 boxes

Let me first say that I stopped collecting in the very early 90s and never realized what I had missed until I saw a thread in the baseball forum on BO. The inserts members posted in that thread were amazing and inspired me to bust a couple late 90s boxes. I couldn't find all the boxes i wanted but I read in post about 99 BB and thought I would give it a try. I was not disappointed, in fact this break was quite possibly the most exciting I ever had, It was an absolute blast. Without further ado here are the hits...

Refractors
    Mike Piazza /400 - As a Mets fan I was really wanting this one.
    Bernie Williams /400
    Jeromy Burnitz /400

Mirror Image
    Chipper Jones/Eric Chavez - Atomic Refractor, not numbered but pretty rare. Beautiful card.
    Frank Thomas/Nick Johnson - Refractor
    Frank Thomas/Nick Johnson
    Greg Maddox/Bruce Chen

Future Foundations - Cool looking die-cuts
    Derrick Gibson - Mach II /1000
    Eric Chavez /3000
    Troy Glaus /3000

Rookie of the Year
    Kerry Wood

Franchise Favorites
    Don Mattingly

Thanks for looking, for the price I may just pick up a few more boxes.
    Last edited by anttheman; 04-07-2013 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Added scans

Hidden Content

wow thats awesome, would love to see scans.
    Looking for- Lakers GU, auto's
    especially Kobe,Pau gasol, Magic Johnson, James Worthy, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Wilt Chaimberlin, Paul Goldschmidt RC year stuff.Certain MMA cards, anything hellboy related.anything the walking dead related
    Hidden Content

Huh. Can't say I'd ever really want to break any of these mid/late-90's cards, or even early 2000's. Not much there that appeals to me. But then again I'd say 2006 is probably as far back as I'd want to go. The birth of my beautiful Ginter...

Anyways! Thanks for sharing, and I would also like to see scans to see what I'm missing!
    Supercollecting: Bert Blyleven

Follow my Allen and Ginter Obsession here: Hidden Content

(Don't Even Click Here It's So Outdated) Photobucket: Hidden Content

As requested, scans have been added.

Hidden Content

great looking cards.
    Looking for- Lakers GU, auto's
    especially Kobe,Pau gasol, Magic Johnson, James Worthy, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Wilt Chaimberlin, Paul Goldschmidt RC year stuff.Certain MMA cards, anything hellboy related.anything the walking dead related
    Hidden Content

I could use the Chipper atomic refractor for my PC..what do you want for it

90s inserts were really great, but there were so freaking many of them!
    Twins, Chris Herrmann, Justin Morneau, Michael Cuddyer, sets, Wild, North Stars
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Follow me on Twitter @Hollywood_42_ Hidden Content

Greetings:
    Nice to see that some of the 1999 Bowman Best that wasnt slabbed right away and Hollywood42 not all 1990s inserts are plentiful stuff made from 1995-1999 are mainly in hiding cause thats when collectors mainly focused on more than 1 AU chances to pull from a box and then that led to GUed being released. I just have 1 question how close did ya get in making the set.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.

S.R.'75

Hidden Content

Love the Mattingly card. Nice break.
    Hidden Content - Have/Want lists, Breaks + More! Hidden Content
    I collect these players: Hidden Content , Hidden Content + NY Giants, Yankees
    01/10/10 - 500th Dave Winfield Card -- 08/28/11 - 600th Card -- 01/27/12 - 700th Card!

sweet cards!!! love the old school route that u are taking.