Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

Two adults dead in Canada daycare shooting, police say

Reuters – 8 hrs ago

GATINEAU, Quebec (Reuters) - A shooting at a daycare center near Ottawa on Friday left two adults dead, one of them the gunman, but police said all 53 children at the center were unharmed.
    Police said they received a call for help Friday morning after shots were fired in the Montessori daycare center in Gatineau, Quebec, just across the Ottawa River from the Canadian capital.

"We have two deceased. One of the males is the person responsible for the shooting and the second person is another male who works here at the daycare," Gatineau Police Chief Mario Haren told reporters.

He said all the children - including five babies - were safe after being evacuated by police officers to a nearby house.
    Haren would not confirm the identities of the deceased, saying their families had not been notified.

He said a shotgun was found near the body of the presumed shooter, and that police were investigating the possibility that the shooting was related to a domestic dispute.

Earlier, CBC television reported seeing an adult-sized body being removed on a stretcher.

(Reporting by Louise Egan, additional reporting by Cameron French; Editing by Peter Galloway and David Gregorio)

http://news.yahoo.com/two-adults-dea...204128902.html

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Is that crickets that I hear? Where are all of the anti-gun nuts on this one? Don't we support a ban on the evil murderous guns in Canada too?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Is that crickets that I hear? Where are all of the anti-gun nuts on this one? Don't we support a ban on the evil murderous guns in Canada too?

One adult and the gunman.
    vs
    How many kids in Connecticut?

Crickets nothing. This actually proves gun laws help. Your lack of laws resulted in almost 50 children dead in one incident.

Unless you think 1 dead adult is equal to 50 dead children. Then I totally see your point.

Oh, and in the interest of correcting misinformation and ignorance, we have gun CONTROL not a gun ban. They aren't the same thing. Maybe that's where your problem is.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

So what exactly are Canada's gun laws compared to the gun laws here in the states?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

he wasn't there to shot the kids, if he had been, he would have plenty of time to reload.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

So what exactly are Canada's gun laws compared to the gun laws here in the states?

For handguns

1. Must be registered
    2. Must have advanced firearms training/safety course
    3. Cannot be a previous felon
    4. Can only be transported in car trunk to the range where it is to be shot in locked box
    5. Permit must reflect where the weapon is kept and where it is shot
    6. Ammunition cannot be stored with gun when gun is in transit.
    7. Rigorous background check before registration is permitted.
    8. Cannot be carried in public, anywhere.

Many, many more, I just cannot think of them

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

For handguns

1. Must be registered
    2. Must have advanced firearms training/safety course
    3. Cannot be a previous felon
    4. Can only be transported in car trunk to the range where it is to be shot
    5. Permit must reflect where the weapon is kept and where it is shot
    6. Ammunition cannot be stored with gun when in transit.
    7. Rigorous background check before registration is permitted.
    8. Cannot be carried in public, anywhere.

Many, many more, I just cannot think of them

I can work with a few of those. I don't like the idea about not being able to carry it in public if you have the proper permit.

BANNED

Country

We don't have public handgun carrying permits in Canada to my knowledge. Perhaps in Quebec, but I don't think so.

Let's say you shoot at a range, but you decide to go to another city with your handgun locked in the trunk. In some Provinces if you are stopped you will be in big trouble for doing this.

Home-Range-Back Home, don't mess around with your gun in your car.

BANNED

Country

And of course, no possession or ownership of any assault rifles ...... period.

BANNED

Country

Many Americans wonder what happens when a Canadian snaps. Most of our anger is taken out on the ice, if not, then with Fire.

Canadians statistics for piromania are some of the highest in the Western World. Piss-off a Canadian, he won't shoot you, he'll burn down your house while you are asleep.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast