Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Whats The best single box to make a profit on

lmk

One that has a Bryce Harper RC autograph.....haha. Boxes are a crapshoot, man....but I'm interested to see what others suggest. I couldn't recommend a single box that would yield a profit with any sort of confidence.

I've bought 5 retail boxes of 2012 Topps Chrome and have made money on every single one. RG3, Luck, Wilson rookies go for $10 each. Maybe I was lucky but I pulled a Wilson x-fractor, Luck 57 reprint, and 2 Rg3 rookies from a total of 5 boxes. Not to mention all the colored stuff you will get.
    I DO NOT SHIP OUT OF THE UNITED STATES.

Hidden Content

I wouldn't buy a box to make a profit. Completely random what's inside. You might get something great, you may get nothing.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth
    Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same.

About the only "surefire" way to profit from a box is to buy it... and not open it. Lock in the price of say, Bowman 2013 (though the time has come and gone on Bowman 2013 for the most part...) and then hold onto it for about a year, and presto changeo, the price has gone up a bit. Happens fairly regularily with the "low end" prospect products (Bowman, Bowman Chrome, Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects). Can also backfire if you get nothing but scrubs in the checklist that will never make it to the majors. We've been blessed with Trouts, Strausburgs, Harpers, Machados, Bradley Jr's, Cespedes, and so on. So it's not surefire.
    Supercollecting: Bert Blyleven

Follow my Allen and Ginter Obsession here: Hidden Content

(Don't Even Click Here It's So Outdated) Photobucket: Hidden Content

Find 2011 Topps Update Hanger Boxes @ discounted price of $6 ---> Hope to pull Mike Trout RC --> Sell for $15-20 --> Instant Profit
    During the months March-October, Trades can take up to 10 days to be sent out as I have a job that rarely allows me free time while the sun is up!! Although I normally try to ship within 3-4 days...
    Collecting the following: *2010-2013 Heritage SP's, Chromes, Chrome Refractors * Derek Jeter * Joey Votto * Mike Trout * Buster Posey * Stephen Strasburg

Bowman Chrome is low end? LOL
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth
    Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same.

Answer: None
    Hidden Content - PC/FT/FSHidden Content - PLEASE SUBSCRIBE (I SUB BACK!!!)

None. Think about it, if breaking a pack or box would turn a profit, dealers would be doing this all the time themselves.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    None at all. If you are in this hobby to make money, you should be doing something else with your money. If you want to make money in this hobby in takes years and years of building a reputation, research and overall business smarts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast