Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta

Upton & Upton for Braves

What are everyone's thoughts on the Braves Justin Upton starting off the season with 5hr in te first 5 games. Also he had a great moment to tonight with his brother BJ when he homered in the 9th to tie the game and then Justin Upton homered to walk off today. I was extremely excited but how does everyone from the outside think it looks. Everyone said he looks like he is on a mission.
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

It's a good start, but it's a long season. I don't know how anybody could really read anything into this either way. Just enjoy his great play, and try not to over analyze it.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth
    Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    I'm excited as he his hot right now but I know it's a long season but if he starts hot it gets alot of pressure off him bc of everyone just about around baseball is seeing how he responds after leaving AZ. I have said for a few months now that I think he is capable of having an MVP caliber season bc of all the power in the lineup that the pitchers have to navigate through. But it is a long season so I will continue to cheer my bravos on.
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.

Definitely agreed, not just with this case, but all cases. Everywhere you turn, people (ESPN all the way down to random fans) are trying to predict the whole season based off of less than a week of play. Nobody can tell how anything will end up yet

Quote Originally Posted by lambeausouth View Post
    It's a good start, but it's a long season. I don't know how anybody could really read anything into this either way. Just enjoy his great play, and try not to over analyze it.
    Collector of:
    Twins (9 1/1s), Chris Herrmann (26%), Justin Morneau (just starting), Michael Cuddyer (also just starting),
    sets, Wild, North Stars
    Hidden Content

ESPN employs idiots and talking heads. They have to find filler for ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, etc etc, plus their insipid magazine.

Only a fool would look at the first week of the season, and proclaim that somebody is a front runner for the league MVP.

As for Justin Upton, I've always felt he was capable of winning an MVP. He just needs to stay healthy, and avoid any slumps, and he will be in the thick of it. He hasn't touched his ceiling yet.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth

And if I sound a little grumpy, it's because Justin Upton is pulling this "hey look, I'm Mike Stanton. Look how far I can hit the ball" BS before I was able to buy his '05 Bowman Chrome auto for the $60 it was going for a couple of weeks ago.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth

I wonder how much it would matter to the Dbacks now that Upton isn't "gritty" enough?
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 186/283

Braves are 7-1 and Upton is carrying the team offensively. He hit a 2B off the wall last night just missing another HR. He is finally healthy and the Braves are looking extremely smart for getting him. This pic is pretty awesome from after his walkoff the other night...

Hidden Content
    Brian Orakpo and Sean Taylor Collector!!!
    I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs by Fleer Ultra (2004-2007), Texas Longhorns, Miami Hurricanes, Virginia Tech Hokies, and Virginia Cavaliers alum RC/GU/AU in college uni. Also like Redskins and Braves RC/GU/AU and players from the 757 (Hampton Roads) area.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabs View Post
    Braves are 7-1 and Upton is carrying the team offensively. He hit a 2B off the wall last night just missing another HR. He is finally healthy and the Braves are looking extremely smart for getting him. This pic is pretty awesome from after his walkoff the other night...

Live the pic and have been enjoying the first week and half of baseball as braves are 8-1. The braves have a very tough series with the nationals coming up this weekend. Hopefully our pitching holds up and we get some timely hits.

Yeah this series is big. It would be great to win 2 out of 3.
    Hidden Content
    Brian Orakpo and Sean Taylor Collector!!!
    I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs by Fleer Ultra (2004-2007), Texas Longhorns, Miami Hurricanes, Virginia Tech Hokies, and Virginia Cavaliers alum RC/GU/AU in college uni. Also like Redskins and Braves RC/GU/AU and players from the 757 (Hampton Roads) area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast