Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: An Atheist meets god.

SCF Rewards
    Country

An Atheist meets god.

I just wanted to share this video with you guys. Enjoy.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

watched it, seems like a 13 year old did this. too many things wrong to bother naming them all.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Shrew hot the nail.
    Basically a bunch of people assuming they know how a being they're certain doesn't exist would answer as arrogant and ignorant.

The point is valid, but it gets least in immaturity. Dialogue that sounds like it was written by a ten year old in a video that looks like a grade 8 project telling a story seemingly based on anger and confusion. At the very least, have some production values.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Yawn where do these videos come from? The childrens television workshop.

SCF Rewards
    Country

watched it, seems like a 13 year old did this. too many things wrong to bother naming them all.

Name one.

The one you think is the most important.

BTW, I'll just let you in that this video is first and foremost supposed to be comedic.....thus it's not completely serious.

But regardless, the point is well made....in the Christian religion, god cares more about being worshiped than wether or not you're an actual good person.

I can be the equivalent to Mother Teressa, but according to the Bible, I'm going straight to hell.

My crime will be for not believing.

Like the video comedically says....I might as well have been a baby raper my fate would be the same.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'll agree the point was made. Nothing about that video, however, is well made. Not the visuals, not the script, not the point, nothing.

And again I have to wonder how atheists can know what a being who doesn't exist would say in a conversation.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Simple.

I'm an atheist but I can easily use devil's advocate to make reasonable arguments about something which I don't believe is real.

So, let's pretend.....I die.

To my surprise heaven is real...even more surprising, god is real.

Unfortunately for me, it's the god of the bible and since I didn't accept Jesus as my savior (the one true path to heaven), I'm going straight to hell.

The conversation is the comedic side of the video.

The point is, that in the Christian religion, it does not matter how good you are....if you do not submit yourself to god your punishment is infinite torture.

And how do we know this, because of the bible.

We don't need to know what a hypothetical being such as god would say in the conversation.

The point is, that the reasoning behind who goes to hell and heaven is flat out dumb.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 04-08-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

What if, once he revealed himself to you and you knew for certain, admitting you believe in him then is enough?

Because I know a religion like that, a Christian one at that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

name one???

Show me where God says God wrote the New Testament? or even show me where Jesus says to follow the NT.

f you do not submit yourself to god your punishment is infinite torture.

submit? no wonder you don't like religion, you don't know what it means to follow or believe, you don't submit to anything.

I might as well have been a baby raper my fate would be the same

and this shows how immoral someone must be, kind of the same thought as, "since I am dying I might as well kill everyone I can"

I would rather be a good person and not get into heaven (whether as a result it is real or not) then a bad person and get into heaven. the issue is you are looking for a reward for being good, for some religious people, this is just "cause and effect".
    but even Newton tells us that every actin has an opposite and equal one, so do you submit to Newtonian physics?

if you lived a good life, why fear something you don't know is true or not and you say is fake?

all this video is, is anti religious, nothing more. the new age idea of making your argument legit is attacking the other one, try using science, at least it is applicable and has no need to attack.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Oh he doesn't fear it. He misunderstands it, hates it and lies about it as well as the people involved with it, but he doesn't fear it.

Just like homophobes don't fear homosexuality...

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast