Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: An Atheist meets god.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Do actually believe that nonsense? Revelation is the biggest joke I've ever laid eyes to.

I actually like Revelations. It's one of my favorite parts of the bible.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

As always Ale answers questions with questions and a twist of his beliefs.Not proof but his views.
    you quote paul, jams, and solomon and tell me I don't read the bible? find where Jesus says it.

you are no better than the Christians who twist the bible to fit their beliefs

again you did not answer my questions

doesn't seem to be about submitting, but rather understanding.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Being a good person is subjective. If a person believes himself to be a good person, does that make him worthy of heaven? I ask because Charles Manson will gladly spend hours telling you how good of a person he is.

My comment was misleading. I was trying to say that atheist are trying to discredit a religious foundation when they don't even adhere to the belief that the deity exist, so expecting their opinion to carry weight and value is ludicrous. Quite frankly, I find it a bit looney that they are on some kind of mission to attack religion. It has an air of lunacy to it. If you don't believe in something, fine. Going around day after day attacking it, ranting and raving about how incorrect it is and making it some kind of life mission to discredit is OCD.

I also find it odd that many atheist are so blatantly bigoted. I never, ever hear an atheist ranting about the fallacies of Hindu or the idiocy of Islam. They only care about Christianity, which leads me to believe that they are not actually atheist but instead are bigots in atheist t-shirts.

As an atheist I only take issue with religion when it tries to force everyone in the U.S. to conform to it's belief system by legislating. I don't get a lot about religion, but never really attack it unless it's used to try to infringe on the rights of others and even in those cases it's never an attack to keep them from doing as they please within their own lives.

As far as hearing atheists "ranting" about hindu or islam... you don't hear that because christianity is by far the most popular and prevalent religion within the U.S. If you had large numbers of people of other religions pushing for legislation based off of their specific religion you would hear atheist and people of other religions speaking up about their problems with legislation. It's not specific towards christianity, it's just the main religion here and the religion that tries to legislate here in the U.S.
    Last edited by Star_Cards; 04-09-2013 at 04:16 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Now there is an atheist I can respect.Thank you for a normal response and not a rant on your beliefs and why we should believe them.Others could learn from you Star
    As an atheist I only take issue with religion when it tries to force everyone in the U.S. to conform to it's belief system by legislating. I don't get a lot about religion, but never really attack it unless it's used to try to infringe on the rights of others and even in those cases it's never an attack to keep them from doing as they please within their own lives.

As far as hearing atheists "ranting" about hindu or islam... you don't her that because christianity is by far the most popular and prevalent religion within the U.S. If you had large numbers of people of other religions pushing for legislation based off of their specific religion you would hear atheist and people other other religions speaking up about their problems with legislation. It's not specific towards christianity, it's just the main religion here and the religion that tries to legislate here in the U.S.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

As always Ale answers questions with questions and a twist of his beliefs.Not proof but his views.

Alex is correct, Jesus does not say it. How is that a tough question? You may all want to brush on the true historical happenings of the time. Paul was not an Apostle, and he never met Jesus, nuff said.

When he self converted following a revelation ( bullchhitt) to be a Jesus follower, he laid his own interpretation on things that Jesus never uttered.

There are 2 great salesmen in the History of the World ...... Paul and Ron Popeil, the difference being that Ron Popeil actually created and sold quality made merchandise that really worked, and simplified our lives.

Paul convoluted our lives and kept mankind in fear of reprisal. We are 1,000-1,200 years behind in science and invention because of Paul.
    Last edited by centrehice; 04-09-2013 at 06:42 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I think everyone knows Paul was not an apostle, in the NT, by his own account, he was taught by Jesus.

I think the two people who played a role in early Christianity are James, the step brother of Jesus, and Thomas

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I think everyone knows Paul was not an apostle, in the NT, by his own account, he was taught by Jesus.

I think the two people who played a role in early Christianity are James, the step brother of Jesus, and Thomas

I'll say it again. Paul sided with the Romans and barracked against him. He had a revelation that changed his mind. He never met jesus.... end of.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Being a good person is subjective. If a person believes himself to be a good person, does that make him worthy of heaven? I ask because Charles Manson will gladly spend hours telling you how good of a person he is.

The funny thing here is that Charles Manson could repent of his sins right now and when he dies he WILL go to heaven, if the Christian religion is true.

While someone like Gandhi will NOT go to heaven for not believing in Jesus Christ.....yeah, gotta love that logic.

My comment was misleading. I was trying to say that atheist are trying to discredit a religious foundation when they don't even adhere to the belief that the deity exist, so expecting their opinion to carry weight and value is ludicrous. Quite frankly, I find it a bit looney that they are on some kind of mission to attack religion. It has an air of lunacy to it. If you don't believe in something, fine. Going around day after day attacking it, ranting and raving about how incorrect it is and making it some kind of life mission to discredit is OCD.

But it's perfectly fine for the far right Christians to attack atheists by saying they are immoral, they are all going to hell, etc.

Yeah....we're just supposed to take that and stay quiet while they continue to spread their beliefs grounded in NOTHING but blind faith.

I also find it odd that many atheist are so blatantly bigoted. I never, ever hear an atheist ranting about the fallacies of Hindu or the idiocy of Islam. They only care about Christianity, which leads me to believe that they are not actually atheist but instead are bigots in atheist t-shirts.

Hilarious.

What the hell do I care about Hindu, or the "idiocy of Islam" as you put it (funny that you don't have a problem calling Islam an idiocy).... while living in America?

Those religions don't do anything to me....don't get me wrong they ARE just as wrong as the Christians, but they are such a low minority that they are harmless.

Christianity on the other hand has a lot of power....TOO MUCH power.

And they use that power to try to impose their morality and their nonsense down my and everyone else's throats.

That's why we fight them so hard.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 04-10-2013 at 01:36 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just think it's an immature video, and atheists who assume to know the answer of a being who "doesn't exist is ridiculous, arrogant and ignorant.

Most atheists are "Agnostic-atheists".....they claim to know no answers in regards to god.

That's why they say they don't BELIEVE in god.....not that they KNOW that no god exists.

The theists on the other hand are the ones that usually say they KNOW that god exists....what is their evidence? They don't have any.

We're arrogant for questioning these people?

BTW....you said religion was crap, right?

AGAIN....might telling me what part of the Christian RELIGION is crap?

SCF Rewards
    Country

BTW....since we are on the topic of hell, let's get some FACTS out in the open.

#1 The Jews (Who came first, and wrote the OT) DO NOT believe in Hell or Heaven, notice that until the NT, Hell is NEVER mentioned in the bible.

#2 Where the hell is "Hell"? Below the earth? I don't think so!

Above the earth? NOPE

Oh, in another dimension?

Outside of space and time?

Funny that the bible says NOTHING about WHERE Hell is.....it says that god casts the devil and his followers to earth, but it doesn't mention where Hell actually is.

And guess what folks.....geology proves that there is NO HELL below the earth....sorry!

#3 The details of hell are usually from legends and pagan beliefs. For example Dante's Inferno is NOT based on the bible....it's 100% fiction.

The few details we do have from the bible are VERY vague.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast