Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Iraq Vet Who Wrote Viral Letter to Bush/Cheney Planning Suicide After Years of Agony

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

not one comment ?

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New York Yankees New York Rangers

Uggg.....this is about as ugly as it gets. I feel horrible for the man, but this was an enlistment and as a soldier you should understand the risks of going into war that you may not agree with. That being said, this guy has more guts than I ever will, so what does my opinion really count for......

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I heard this guy on the Democracy Now radio show, I don't care what he enlisted for, that's just above and beyond. His life is nothing but pain and suffering now..........if he wants to die with some sort of dignity, he should be allowed that at the very least...........

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

What comment do you want? How about this? This OpEd piece and the entire premise of this guy's letter to Bush/Cheney are nothing but idiotic liberal propaganda that is full of lies, deceit and misleading statements meant to pull at the heartstrings of people and demonize Republicans.

Want proof? No problem.

1. From the article "This video is about Tomas Young, an Iraq War veteran from Missouri whose spine was severed by a sniper’s bullet in 2001 which left him paralyzed."

Truth: The Iraq War did not start until 2003. Calling him an Iraq War veteran is misleading at the very least, but in reality it is meant to give the impression that he was sent to Iraq by the Bush administration's invasion of Iraq. He was shot in 2001 so by the time the Iraq War started in 2003 he had already been back home for some 2 years dealing with issues from his injuries.

2. From the article: "Tomas Young was in the news recently after writing a scathing letter to George Bush and Dick Cheney, neither of which seem particularly bothered by the carnage and untold grief their decisions caused."

Truth: Tomas Young was shot in 2001, which means he was deployed to Iraq before 2001, which means he was deployed during the Clinton administration. Writing a scathing letter to Bush/Cheney is nothing but propaganda. His letter should be directed towards Clinton. What happened to Young has absolutely nothing to do with the decisions made by Bush/Cheney.

-----------

I feel sorry for this guy and I salute him for his contribution to the country, but this is nothing but propaganda.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shortking98's Items on eBay

All of the other articles I have read about this state that he enlisted in 2001 and was shot in 2004 which would seem to make more sense

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

All of the other articles I have read about this state that he enlisted in 2001 and was shot in 2004 which would seem to make more sense

That would make more sense. I based my response off of the info in the linked article. If that is the truth then this "Americans Against the Tea Party" group is a fail. They can't even generate factual propaganda.

And as others have said, when you enlist in the military you accept that there is inherent risks. I get that he is bitter because of his injury, but for every one like him there are hundreds of veterans who are proud of their service and who have suffered through injuries without becoming a pawn to the liberal hate machine. The fact that the liberal left is using this guys suffering to push it's own agenda is disgusting.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Well, the tea party's propaganda isn't exactly factual either...or did they find Obama's dog walker?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well, the tea party's propaganda isn't exactly factual either...or did they find Obama's dog walker?

I don't see anybody using the Tea Party website as a source either...

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'm just saying, if the one side lies as much as they do...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast