Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

As a Buyer...How Often Have you NOT received a Card?

Quite often we see posts from sellers stating that the buyer did not receive a card and the buyer got a refund. When I read the posts, usually, it sounds like the seller thinks the buyer is lying. Also, I have read a lot of posts stating that there are problems with the mail system in Quebec. I would like to know, from the buyer's end...how often have you not received a card you bought? Personally, there is only one card that I have not received so far. I have a claim on it now. I bought it as a Make an Offer and the total cost with shipping only came out to $11. The seller says he shipped the card. I believe him because he accepted the offer. But it took more than 45 days and the card has not arrived so I put the claim in. The seller sounds like a good guy because he said he shipped another one once I put the claim in. He also added the note that the first one was sent. Normally though, people do not have doubles of cards they are selling. All I want is the card..I do not want a refund. (Also, I live in Ontario and this was from the US.) But I bet the seller probably thinks I am pulling something. So that is why I am wondering, as a buyer, how often have you not received a card?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

That I can recall, out of several hundred E-Bay purchases, I have only not received the card I purchased twice. One of those two times was a scammer who never sent the card, so I got my money back. The other time was a seller I have dealt with a bunch of times and the seller just refunded me the money.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I hate to say it, but I have had an increasing number of issues with non receipt of packages. There are always the scammers, but the new one I had was obvious as well. I bid on a card and won it for a good price, got the invoice and paid. Waited and then contacted the seller, nothing. Contacted again, nothing. This was not a scammer, but a reputable source, but I filed the claim and got immediate repayment, no questions. So he would rather take the hit then ship the item. So naturally, he got the negative, and nothing. So you do have it across the board.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

I have only once not received a card I purchased and it came from Quebec. I disagree with your statement "Normally though, people do not have doubles of cards they are selling", I have sold many doubles in the past and currently have doubles of many cards that I will sell.

Quite often we see posts from sellers stating that the buyer did not receive a card and the buyer got a refund. When I read the posts, usually, it sounds like the seller thinks the buyer is lying. Also, I have read a lot of posts stating that there are problems with the mail system in Quebec. I would like to know, from the buyer's end...how often have you not received a card you bought? Personally, there is only one card that I have not received so far. I have a claim on it now. I bought it as a Make an Offer and the total cost with shipping only came out to $11. The seller says he shipped the card. I believe him because he accepted the offer. But it took more than 45 days and the card has not arrived so I put the claim in. The seller sounds like a good guy because he said he shipped another one once I put the claim in. He also added the note that the first one was sent. Normally though, people do not have doubles of cards they are selling. All I want is the card..I do not want a refund. (Also, I live in Ontario and this was from the US.) But I bet the seller probably thinks I am pulling something. So that is why I am wondering, as a buyer, how often have you not received a card?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I've got 1100 feedback on eBay, and the number of "purchases" is much higher (multiple time buyer from same seller) almost 300 here. The eBay buys span over 10+ years.

In all that time, I've had a package lost once..... though I think I may soon be dealing with my second occurance of it.

Same with damaged cards (due to poor shipping). Seen it a couple of times, but its not very very rare.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jbat999's Items on eBay

+2300 feedback on Ebay +100 on other sites and I have had one bad stretch of missing cards. I had 3 or 4 go missing in a 2 week stretch. I think my regular mail carrier was on vacation.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Over 500 ebay purchases and I have never not received a card. However, my purchases are usually below the $50 mark and I rarely purchase super high end stuff. Maybe the scammers stick with high price stuff.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've purchased in the neighbourhood of 5000 cards over nearly a decade and a half... Only 3 failed to arrive in a timely manner, and of those 1 showed up some 6 months after the seller kindly refunded my purchase (turns out it got stuck at Customs for no good reason). Beyond that, I've had 1 card mangled by the postal sorting machine, the occasional mis-described card (typically seller is off by 1 year), and a couple times been gouged for s/h charges, but all-in-all I'd say roughly 99 and three quarters % of my transactions have been completely positive... Not too many other things in life are that reliable!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

out of around 350+ purchases I've had two not show up to me. One was from someone who had questionable feedback, so that led me to believe it was a scammer, another I believed was lost in the mail, and that person is a member here.

I have only had one that "supposedly" didn't make it to the recipient in Quebec. His feedback left for others was peppered with didn't receive. He did send me a nasty message that I didn't give him his money back he was going to leave me less than favourable feedback, so I did just for the integrity of it all. The kicker in all this though is about a year and a half later he had something listed I was interested in bidding on, and when I went to bid, I found out I was blocked. Me-thinks someone was a little worried about retribution bidding!
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I honestly don't recall a card i purchased not showing up ever and in all i have sold only 1 claim it didn't arrive and it was to Montreal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast