Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New from DFW, Texas

SCF Rewards
    Country

New from DFW, Texas

Hello everyone!
    I recentally got a small collection of cards from someone that was getting out of collecting and I have to say that I am a little overwhelmed. I have collected other cards in the past, but this is the first time that I have collected sports cards. There seems to be a lot to learn and catch up on. Besides this forum, is there any sites that could give me a quick refence list of what stuff means and what to look for?

I am not sure where this collection will end up, but I have always liked to collect random cards. Now with sports cards, it seems the options are endless. Any recommendation for new sports card collector? What is the best way to sort sports cards? Top tracking software? How to you store so many cards?

Any insight would be most helpful.
    Thanks!

P~

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Atlanta Falcons Indianapolis Colts
    See Jeremy12familyguy's Items on eBay

Hello P and welcome to the site. Many people use a photo hosting site such as Photobucket to display their cards. You can also use our free inventory service to display your cards. Click here for a tutorial on how to use our system.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Greengoblin782's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Hey P, Welcome to SCF. Thanks for Joining!

Matthew.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Colorado Avalanche Detroit Lions Toronto Raptors
    See hudley19's Items on eBay

Hi Hipolito
    Welcome to SCF, Feel free to message me if you have any questions i can help you with
    Enjoy the site and good luck with your collection
    Zack

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Welcome to SCF P

SCF Rewards
    Country

P, welcome to the site and good luck with your new collection. I can't think of another site where you will get more information than you will here. There are many very knowledgeable people here who are willing to help, just ask. As far as sorting and storage people have different ways which work best for them. Whats good for me may not be good for you. As far as tracking this site's inventory manager is great. Depending on how many cards you have will determine how long it will take to input them. As was mentioned many people use Photobucket but you can also scan your cards here and earn card cash (cc). With that you can use to spend on cards, group breaks, ect. If you are looking for info on something in particular you can search the site by putting in a keyword(s). Check out the rules and the tutorials for help too. Again, welcome to the site.

...Rick
    Last edited by NY Sports Teams; 04-09-2013 at 04:52 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome to the site.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the welcomes guys!!

And the info NY!

Since I just bought a collection of of someone, the input into the Trade Database will take me a while! But all going to be worth it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New Orleans Saints
    See ChalkItUp21's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Welcome to SCF! Glad to see you join our great community and that you are already using the inventory system. As far as storing your cards physically, I teach my kids to put their base cards that they want to keep into penny sleeves then into a binder. If it is basecards they have no interest in then they put them into a shoe box or a card storage box from our local card shop. Any cards that they love, rookies, inserts, rare, or game used/autographed go into a penny sleeve and a top loader with a team bag over the top loader to keep dust and other stuff out. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message and I'll answer any questions that I can as soon as I can.

Chris.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys NULL
    Twitter: @@Mario78521 See Oxxon's Items on eBay

Hello and welcome to SCF!!
    Buying Quincy Carter GUs and Autos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast