Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'm in Kelowna, dude. Housing prices don't go down here. Very little to do with being in Canada on this one. While Canada did better, the market still plummetted.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I know where you live, but first you must understand positive banking which is practiced in Canada and Shysterism which is standard fare in the USA. The two countries are polar opposites in two very imortant Vocations - Banking and Law.

If you are lending 300K to somebody that makes $33K per year, at some point in the next 16 months they aren't going to be able to afford the premiums on the loan, let alone eat discount dog food.

If the banking practices in the USA were policy like they are in Canada, there would never have been the default, or the bubble in the first place.

Bankers, Wall-Steet money men control cyclical behaviour at will in the USA and make gobs of money doing it, the rest of the nation be damned.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I understand it fine, thanks. What you need to understand is humanity could cease to exist completely and housing costs would still rise in Kelowna.

BANNED

Country

I am aware of Kelowna, I spent a lot of time in the interior through the decades of the 80's and 90's. Housing prices in Victoria also continue to rise no matter what happens, Sydney, Australia, Greenwich Connecticut, San Francisco, and Lajolla, CA. There are housing markets in many places in the World where the price will never go down.

If you have an ongoing desirable place to live, the market will be self-sustaining.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I am aware of Kelowna, I spent a lot of time in the interior through the decades of the 80's and 90's. Housing prices in Victoria also continue to rise no matter what happens, Sydney, Australia, Greenwich Connecticut, San Francisco, and Lajolla, CA. There are housing markets in many places in the World where the price will never go down.

If you have an ongoing desirable place to live, the market will be self-sustaining.

That's my point. Where I live is not an accurate example of the cost of living in BC.

When was the last time you were here? It's really changed since then. Not the sleepy resort town it once was.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Reds
    See sxetnrdrmr2112's Items on eBay

I am not sure how my area compares to yours, but just off the top of my head (went grocery shopping with the wife 2 days ago LOL)...

A 20 oz. bottle of soda at a convenience store is $1.09 - $1.39 depending on the brand.
    A loaf of bread runs right at $2.59
    A gallon of milk is around $3.59

My son is in college and thus is renting in a college town (so a little pricier than non-college towns in our area). He is in a 2 bedroom apartment with all utilities included (electric, gas, water, sewage and trash) for $525 a month.

My house is 3000 square feet with 5 bedrooms, 3 baths and sits on 1.5 acres of property. It has an assessed value of around $240k, but I live outside of city limits. My house in city limits would be closer to $300k.

man, that is pretty good. I thought where I lived was pretty cheap at about the same specs for $725 a month. Is the apt/neighborhood in good shape? The price I entioned above is for apts/rentals tha tare not near campus or downtown. those prices get a bit cheaper, but he areas and facilities also get a bit more dicey

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

man, that is pretty good. I thought where I lived was pretty cheap at about the same specs for $725 a month. Is the apt/neighborhood in good shape? The price I entioned above is for apts/rentals tha tare not near campus or downtown. those prices get a bit cheaper, but he areas and facilities also get a bit more dicey

Yeah it is a pretty decent place. It's a walk-up with an outside stairway, not in a complex. Not in the dead center of town, but still in town and in a pretty nice area.

BANNED

Country

That's my point. Where I live is not an accurate example of the cost of living in BC.

When was the last time you were here? It's really changed since then. Not the sleepy resort town it once was.

Kelowna was never that sleepy. Half my hometown lives there, most of them moved in the 70's and 80's. I was not using Kelowna as reference point for the cost of living, I was using Canada as an example of good World Banking.

We have no middle men in Canada when it comes to getting a Mortgage. In the USA they can have:

1. The initial money stream lender or money issuer
    2. The holder of the mortgage to re-sell and place it on the market
    3. The buyer of the mortgage for 2nd re-sale
    4. The seller of the initial mortgage to the purchaser - whom gets a cut
    5. The Escrow Service that holds the funds until the possession date.

In Canada We have:

1. Bank
    2. Home buyer.

In the USA you might have 6 different entities that have a share in the Mortgage before the customer moves in, in Canada there's one, the Bank.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

decent apartment in Oberlin (college town) is around $450

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Whatever this place was then, it's not that. Somehow it never changes or stays the same.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast