Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I can't imagine why what university you went to would not be a relevant factor. If I were on trial for murder and had to choose between a lawyer that graduated from Harvard or a lawyer that graduated from University of Phoenix Online, my choice would be easy.

My son was shown interest by West Point (and passed it up like a moron).
    I wanted him to go there for one simple reason. Getting a degree from West Point shows you have strong character and a good work ethic. You naturally would have a leg up because the difficulty in completing a degree there is greater than other colleges. The idea that someone who graduated from West Point would be considered on the same level as someone with a matching degree from a community college is kind of a joke.

Mabey he didn't want to fight in a meaningless war.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Mabey he didn't want to fight in a meaningless war.

So you have no idea what West Point is.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

So you have no idea what West Point is.

Funny Duane. Do you really believe that the US Military academy is going to give a way a free college education with no strings attatched? I don't blame your son one bit. I would tell any family member of mines not go let the gov't goad you to commit 5 years of your life to the military under the guise of a "free" education.
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 04-10-2013 at 01:45 PM. Reason: typo

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

5 years in the military does not equal 5 years in combat. In fact, West Point graduates typically end up in command positions and doing desk jobs. My cousin completed 22 years in the Air Force and never saw a day of combat. For the record, my son is now thinking of joining the military outright and will be more likely to end up in combat than had he gone to West Point. So much for the "avoiding a pointless" war theory.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

West Point turns out Officer Cadets. If you stay with the Military, you already are entitled to a Commission as an officer. The BA student is still a PFC.

The whole need for Military Academies is to find the next great Military Leaders. It's agenda is not a "Well-Rounded Individual". If The Citadel and VMI were not looking for great Army leaders and all of the graduates went to corporate America instead, they would have to change their approach to education.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234