Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

States where you can be fired for being gay

Why does it not surprise me one bit that every southern state along with Alaska are all among those states?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

says who and fired from what job?

Ohio is a right to work state and an equal opportunity employer and I would love to see someone get fired for being gay, the business would be sued so fast and hard they would be handing the keys over to the gay they fired.

Presently there are 22 states and the District of Columbia that have enacted laws that ban employment discrimination based solely on a person’s sexual orientation. Although, each state’s laws are different each one provides some basic protection from being fired or terminated for being gay. The states that have such laws are: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Ohio, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, and Wisconsin.

Last edited by shrewsbury; 04-08-2013 at 02:28 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I would like to see some documentation that supports this claim. I would also like to add that because a person was fired for sexual orientation does not mean that it is OK in that state.

I also imagine that most of those states involve cases where someone was fired for being gay, then sued and won their lawsuit, which would discredit any claim that you can be fired for being gay there. I see that in Georgia Vandy Beth Glenn was fired for being transgender and won a lawsuit for being wrongfully fired. So that map is already discredited.

I also imagine they used religious organizations firing someone who admitted they were gay to label a state (such as Christian-based Belmont University in Tennessee firing Lisa Howe) which is an unfair characterization of the state as religious entities have the right to expect employees to adhere to their values.

That map is nothing more than poorly thought-out propaganda IMO.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Duane, you are correct, even my quote shows the map is wrong.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So you're on George Takei's Facebook to, I take it.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

You missed one.

Oregon. The State Law proscribes that you do not need a reason to terminate any employee, ...... period. This includes being gay, different, or wearing a non conservative business tie to work.

It's not an outright Gay Policy, but much worse. Am employer can simply fire you without any explanation, within the constitution of the State of Oregon.

It's archaic legislation and some of the worst in the USA. No worker is protected.
    Last edited by centrehice; 04-08-2013 at 04:14 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You missed one.

Oregon. The State Law proscribes that you do not need a reason to terminate any employee, ...... period. This includes being gay, different, or wearing a non conservative business tie to work.

It's not an outright Gay Policy, but much worse. Am employer can simply fire you without any explanation, within the constitution of the State of Oregon.

It's archaic legislation and some of the worst in the USA. No worker is protected.

So in other words you could also be fired for being straight.

SCF Rewards
    Country

and can't you quit for the same reasons or other reasons? and I bet if they fired someone for being gay or a conservative they would be sued and lose.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Isn't this illustration just a list of the states where people can be fired for any reason? Is there actually a law that says employers can fire a person because they are gay or just saying that they can fire for any reason?

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

and can't you quit for the same reasons or other reasons? and I bet if they fired someone for being gay or a conservative they would be sued and lose.

They do not have to give reason for termination, so you will never know. You walk into work and the boss says, sorry, but we have to let you go. State law says no explanation is required. So your point is moot, as reason is not required.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast