Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Question.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

So the gov't is now giving out free id cards to those who don't have them. I must have missed that memo.

if you are so poor you can't pay $7.50 for an ID, then you should be on welfare, which I guarantee you can scrounge $7.50 for the idea from your benefits.

and this should end all arguments

[QUOTE] If you can't afford to pay for a state ID card, you may be issued one for free if the proper documentation is presented.[QUOTE]

http://www.dmv.org/in-indiana/id-cards.php

I am sure if you looked hard enough you would find this in every state, so the fact you have to pay is out the window, ecause if you can't afford it, you can still get one.

so what's the issue with showing ID when you go to vote?

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Ultimately, you should never have to have to Juggle Chainsaws while wearing Drywall Stilts when it comes to voting.

In other civilized Western countries they even provide a ride to your nearest polling station, where again, your name is on the list. Of all the entitlements that we have in Democracy, voting should not be hindered by red-tape and useless dogmatic principals.

Walk, drive or get a lift 2 blocks, state whom you are, match it to the master list, Vote ...... Go Home. Why is it so much easier to vote in India, and why do they get twice the voter turnout, than it is in the USA. Don't tell me it's because you have more poor people.

You have no standard Federal Rules regarding Federal Elections. You mistakenly allow the States themselves to control how Federal Voting takes place. That is where the train leaves the tracks. Federal Voting = a standard set of Federal Election rules, uniform across each and every State.

The way it's set up now, you seemingly can vote anywhere, you can also vote early, and often. Simply managed and, not cool. Washington should feel shame, as they have it Rong.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

[QUOTE=shrewsbury;12652622]if you are so poor you can't pay $7.50 for an ID, then you should be on welfare, which I guarantee you can scrounge $7.50 for the idea from your benefits.

and this should end all arguments

[QUOTE] If you can't afford to pay for a state ID card, you may be issued one for free if the proper documentation is presented.

http://www.dmv.org/in-indiana/id-cards.php

I am sure if you looked hard enough you would find this in every state, so the fact you have to pay is out the window, ecause if you can't afford it, you can still get one.

so what's the issue with showing ID when you go to vote?

You guys are not getting it. It is not a matter of being able to afford it its a matter of principal of having to pay the gov't for an item that you will not be able to vote if you don't have. It dosen't matter if you have Bill Gates money you are still paying. I don't care how you slice it up it's still a poll tax and it's still a violation of the 24th amendment.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I just showed you don't have to pay if you can't, and if you can you should already have one.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just showed you don't have to pay if you can't, and if you can you should already have one.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

That's kind of how I feel. How are you not getting this, veg?

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's kind of how I feel. How are you not getting this, veg?

A poll tax weather it is 1 penny or $1,000,000 is still a polltax and is prohibited by the 24th amendment. These conservatives are full of it. On one breath the scream for lower taxes and less gov't interference in the next breath the champion polltaxes, gov't interference and impedements to the voting process. The devil does indeed speak with a split tounge.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

A poll tax weather it is 1 penny or $1,000,000 is still a polltax and is prohibited by the 24th amendment. These conservatives are full of it. On one breath the scream for lower taxes and less gov't interference in the next breath the champion polltaxes, gov't interference and impedements to the voting process. The devil does indeed speak with a split tounge.

I agree with "them" talking out of both sides of their mouths and how they went about it last year was an extremely transparent attempt at voter suppression. With that said, I don't understand not proving you're allowed to vote. At a time when I had no car, no job and was living with friends (so borderline no home) I still had valid ID.
    If you can't afford ID, you can get one free. If you already have one, you don't need another. As such, if you already have a drivers licence, it costs you nothing extra. If you don't have ID it can be obtained for free, costing nothing extra.
    As such, it's not a tax of any kind because it's not costing anyone extra and the government isn't making extra money off it.

Basically, if you want to hear politically motivated double speak, get a recorder and read your posts out loud. You're using the constitution, not abiding by it. That's wrong.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567