Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Question.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So no driver's license, no bank account, no job, nothing until you were in your 20's?

agreed. there would definitely be the issue of who would be provided this service of free IDs. Although it would be more limited than the wellfare issues since they wouldn't have to give free IDs to people on a regular basis.

I also agree that most people who vote more than likely have a proper form of ID. I find it odd that people can function without some sort of photo ID. It's used in so many facets of life it would be hard to do a lot of things without one.

I don't see someone surviving without one. You can't cash a check, get a bank account or get welfare without one, so in essence you have to live outside of the monetary system. In most places you can't get a job without ID (NYC comes to mind). Any employer that requires a background check or drug check will need to see ID. I can't remember the last time I went to the hospital and didn't have to show my ID. I literally find it hard to believe that any adult American doesn't have some form of photo ID.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

found this link that lists each state and their state ID fees.

http://www.thepiratescove.us/2008/04...state-id-cost/

I don't know why that website couldn't find info for West Virginia. It took me about 20 seconds to find the WVDMV form to apply for a driver's license or state issued ID. It cost between $7.50 and $17.50 depending on how long it is good for.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

So no driver's license, no bank account, no job, nothing until you were in your 20's? I had it all thanks.

I don't see someone surviving without one. You can't cash a check, get a bank account or get welfare without one, so in essence you have to live outside of the monetary system. In most places you can't get a job without ID (NYC comes to mind). Any employer that requires a background check or drug check will need to see ID. I can't remember the last time I went to the hospital and didn't have to show my ID. I literally find it hard to believe that any adult American doesn't have some form of photo ID.

response in bold.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't know why that website couldn't find info for West Virginia. It took me about 20 seconds to find the WVDMV form to apply for a driver's license or state issued ID. It cost between $7.50 and $17.50 depending on how long it is good for.

Dosen't matter. Why should I have to pay a gov't agency (in this case the dept of driver's svc) for the right to vote which is supposed to be free of any poll taxes?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Dosen't matter. Why should I have to pay a gov't agency (in this case the dept of driver's svc) for the right to vote which is supposed to be free of any poll taxes?

You are not paying for the right to vote. If your ID could ONLY be used for voting then you would be paying for the right to vote. Since the ID has many uses and purposes it is not paying for the right to vote, it is paying for an ID.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You are not paying for the right to vote. If your ID could ONLY be used for voting then you would be paying for the right to vote. Since the ID has many uses and purposes it is not paying for the right to vote, it is paying for an ID.

Dosen't matter. Voting is free. No one should be forced to buy anything from the gov't in order to vote.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Dosen't matter. Voting is free. No one should be forced to buy anything from the gov't in order to vote.

Next election, I'm heading down to Washington State and voting. If anyone questions whether I should be there, I'll scream "VOTER RIGHTS! VOTER RIGHTS!"

Then, if it works, which apparently it should, I'll come back to Canada and let everyone know. Then we can make sure our interests are spoken for too. 35,000,000 well placed votes should be able to swing a few things.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

since you must be dressed to be in public and be in public to vote (unless mailing) should we have to buy clothes for people who want to vote? you need an ID, what is the big deal with showing it?

You're telling me most don't smoke, drink, drive, work, or have a bank account? because you need an ID for all those things.

you are not being forced to buy one, just show the one you got!

SCF Rewards
    Country

since you must be dressed to be in public and be in public to vote (unless mailing) should we have to buy clothes for people who want to vote? you need an ID, what is the big deal with showing it?

You're telling me most don't smoke, drink, drive, work, or have a bank account? because you need an ID for all those things.

you are not being forced to buy one, just show the one you got
    !

So the gov't is now giving out free id cards to those who don't have them. I must have missed that memo.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

There it is...perfect!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast