Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dylan Bundy may be a hard auto

I was at the Senators/Bowie series this weekend at Metro Park.My and my 2 boys hung around the Bowie bullpen.Of course Bundy is on the DL and he wore his warm up trying to avoid fans.Now earlier in the day my son was on the field for his school and most Bowie players came on and walked about with the kids.Bundy hung in the bullpen ignoring kid after kid which is fine I guess he does not have to give autographs.What blew my mind was my 6 year old wanted to catch a foul ball so bad but nothing came our way.We were by the bullpen between innings and Bundy was standing there tossing a ball to himself just fooling around.My son said and verbatim"excuse me Mr Bundy do you have an extra ball I can have to play with". Bundy turned said nope and walked away like he was put out.Again they do not have to do anything but you would think a minor leaguer who has done NOTHING yet would give a little more time of day to kids.Adults yes I understand but a 6 year old just asking for a ball.So for those trying TTM with Bundy GOOD LUCK.
    Instead of running away please feel free to counter offer my offers.A deal can always be made

My Bucket
    Hidden Content

Any comments from anybody that met or tried to meet Bundy?
    Instead of running away please feel free to counter offer my offers.A deal can always be made

My Bucket
    Hidden Content

No but he sounds like an egotistical . This is the problem with professional sports these days.

For a teen phenom yeah he seemed pretty full of himself

My Bucket
    Hidden Content

I wonder how some of these guys would feel if just for one time absolutely no one showed up to a game and I mean absolutely no one. I wonder if that would put in to perspective to some of them just how important the fans really are to the success or fail or major sports.
    Collecting:
    Cincinnati Reds Certified Autograph Cards
    Dayton Flyers Basketball Anything

Hidden Content

Probably not because most not allbut most are driven by money and fame.They don't play for the so called love of the game
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
    I wonder how some of these guys would feel if just for one time absolutely no one showed up to a game and I mean absolutely no one. I wonder if that would put in to perspective to some of them just how important the fans really are to the success or fail or major sports.

My Bucket
    Hidden Content

I do a lot of NBA in persona and although most of the ballplayers are cool some of them can be real tools at times. They have them in all professional sports and it's even starting to trickle down to college even high school.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

the spotlight goes into peoples head's. I did meet him n was with my two year old n my cousin who is 18,
    so they went up to him..he told my cousin ain't u abit old for a autograph and again walked away from my two year old, so these minor leaguers have no respect for kids..

I purposely stood away from the Bowie bullpen figuring if they see me they would blow him off.But i watched for 2 innings these guys blow 2 to 6 year olds off.I know their are alot of auto sellers out there that are adults but I mean comeon little kids and your going to blow them off.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherZero View Post
    the spotlight goes into peoples head's. I did meet him n was with my two year old n my cousin who is 18,
    so they went up to him..he told my cousin ain't u abit old for a autograph and again walked away from my two year old, so these minor leaguers have no respect for kids..

My Bucket
    Hidden Content

i've heard different than what you are saying as far as Bundy goes.. I've heard from a couple people that they got in person autos from Bundy and that he seemed nice.. heck go on youtube and put in dylan bundy signing and you should find some videos people took of him signing at games

not saying that you and your childs experience did not happen but who knows what was going on with him that day... maybe something was making it so he really was not up to interacting with people on that given day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast