Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Cleaning up the constitution

Lately there is been a lot of fuss about our founding father's true intentions of the 1st, 2nd amendments as well as other parts of the constitution. I am a strong proponent of the bill of rights and will not give up any of my constitutional rights without a fight. That being the constitution could use a little bit of cleaning up to fit with the times. For the first amendment obviously I will keep as is but add the following: Any law on the books must have a secular non religious purpose. If the only purpose of a particular law is because of a religious custom it is null, void, unenforcable and must be stricken for the books. Gay marriage would be the perfect example. If you take religion out of it there is no reason why gays should not be able to marry if they desire. For the second amendment I would say that the gov't will not infringe upon the right of any able bodied adult, non violent felon of sound mind to purchase, own and use a firearm for legal purposes. However gov't will be allowed to regulate and keep track of firearms transactions. For the 24 the amendment I would include that gov't will not force citizens to buy any particular item and require for them to present that item in order for them to vote. So what do you think? What changes would you like to see in the constitution. Also if you live outside of the United States and would like to discuss the constitution of your own country feel free.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So you would alter the constitution to fit liberal agenda. Come on.

How about we just make liberals take a class on words and their meaning and sentence structure instead? That way we can help them grasp that "make no law regarding religion" does not mean separation of church and state, that "poll tax" does not mean buying an ID and that the word "militia" does not qualify that only trained military should have weapons.

Much cheaper and easier than all of the bullcrap that would arise from liberals wanting to re-write the constitution to squash the rights of conservatives and promote their own agenda.

SCF Rewards
    Country

How about we just make liberals take a class on words and their meaning and sentence structure instead? That way we can help them grasp that "make no law regarding religion" does not mean separation of church and state, that "poll tax" does not mean buying an ID and that the word "militia" does not qualify that only trained military should have weapons.

Much cheaper and easier than all of the bullcrap that would arise from liberals wanting to re-write the constitution to squash the rights of conservatives and promote their own agenda.

I'm not trying to squash the rights of anyone even conservatives even though they don't believe that people should have rights. I'm just attempting to clarify a few things that were debatable in the constitution. Everyone would still have the right to worship as they see fit (blasphemy to conservatives if you are not talking about extreme christanity), bear arms (conservatives should be happy about that one) and vote (sorry conservatives but the SCOTUS and the constitution both support everyone's right to vote without restriction).

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Funny thing is that liberals are actively fighting to squash people's right to worship unless it is behind closed doors, fighting to take away all gun rights and more than willing to let anyone vote as long as they will be voting Democrat. So the that you wish to make are going to impose your prefer agenda over that of other people and effectively squash their rights.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

As long as conservatives take a class regarding well formed militias and their necessity to America's security.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Funny thing is that liberals are actively fighting to squash people's right to worship unless it is behind closed doors, fighting to take away all gun rights and more than willing to let anyone vote as long as they will be voting Democrat. So the that you wish to make are going to impose your prefer agenda over that of other people and effectively squash their rights.

You can worship anywhere you like as long as you are not infringing upon the rights of others and the state is not involved in it one way or the other. Again I am a huge proponent of the 2nd amendment so I can't be responsible for what the so called liberals feel about the right to bear arms. We can all be able to safely own and use firearms there just to be a some cleaining up with the gun laws and as well as people should be able to demonstrate that they actually understand how a gun works and how to safely use one. It's also real ironic who voter fraud was never a problem until the dems took over. My how you conservatives have such a short memory.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

As long as conservatives take a class regarding well formed militias and their necessity to America's security.

Unnecessary...

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Then why is it in there? Take it out.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You can worship anywhere you like as long as you are not infringing upon the rights of others and the state is not involved in it one way or the other. Again I am a huge proponent of the 2nd amendment so I can't be responsible for what the so called liberals feel about the right to bear arms. We can all be able to safely own and use firearms there just to be a some cleaining up with the gun laws and as well as people should be able to demonstrate that they actually understand how a gun works and how to safely use one. It's also real ironic who voter fraud was never a problem until the dems took over. My how you conservatives have such a short memory.

I don't have a short memory. Every since the first time I voted in 1988 and tried to show my driver's license I have been baffled by the idiocy of leaving an open loophole that allows people to vote in an election without proving that they have the right to take part.

As for guns, any form of gun registration is stupid. It only registers the legally purchased guns of law abiding citizens (punishment for law abiders) but does not impact illegal gun owners at all. Every single gun law that liberals want to pass attacks the rights of law abiding citizens and gives a free pass to illegal gun owners.

In regards to your religious addendum, would you support the restriction of all religious expression in government buildings, or just that of Christians?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't have a short memory. Every since the first time I voted in 1988 and tried to show my driver's license I have been baffled by the idiocy of leaving an open loophole that allows people to vote in an election without proving that they have the right to take part. It really isn't that serious. If someone was going to use someone elses identity it for be for something that would be of a greater benefit to them than voting.

As for guns, any form of gun registration is stupid. It only registers the legally purchased guns of law abiding citizens (punishment for law abiders) but does not impact illegal gun owners at all. Every single gun law that liberals want to pass attacks the rights of law abiding citizens and gives a free pass to illegal gun owners. So what's you solution? Just put your head in the sand and pretend that everything is going to be ok? Continue letting people who have no business with a firearm continue to get one because tighting up some of the loopholes in out gun laws will somehow cause you an inconvenience?

In regards to your religious addendum, would you support the restriction of all religious expression in government buildings, or just that of Christians? Everyone including christians should be able to worship as they see fit as long as there is no gov't involvment or implied endorsement and the worship does not infringe upon the rights of others.

Responses in bold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast