Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

so you have no white friends?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I completely get the way blacks have turned the word into a term of endearment. I could care less that the double standard exists. These types of double standards are all over the place. It's like a person that bad mouths his family but gets upset the second someone else does. It's the same type of thing and I completely get it.

One of the best ways to move past a negative word for a race or specific type of person is to embrace it and take the word away from the people who use it negatively.

that said, I'd think that many blacks don't like when they hear other blacks using the N word.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Or if I am with some black friends and they say the n word. No big deal if they say it. I'm sure that white people have certian things that they say to each other that they would not appreciate an outsider saying to them.

Except that, in society, we're not allowed to get mad about it when it happens, and it happens constantly. That's the thing, when you're a white male, there are no "outsiders" and everyone gets to say whatever they want about white males. I'm lucky I have MS. It means I'm disabled and therefore allowed to say certain things and get mad about others saying those same things. Before I was diagnosed, I was just another white guy who could not speak honestly or freely about anything (except how crappy white males are) without being labelled a bigot. Now that I'm disabled, well, I can speak a lot more about many things wings, not just disabilities.

And why?

Because I'm not just a white male. If I didn't have MS, society would still be telling me to shut up at every turn.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Or if I am with some black friends and they say the n word. No big deal if they say it. I'm sure that white people have certian things that they say to each other that they would not appreciate an outsider saying to them.

Besides the color of my skin, why can't I say the N-word to you, but a black friend of yours can? What's the difference other than my skin color? Nothing.

The word is insulting, people shouldn't use it like it's a common word, regardless of the color of a persons skin.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Besides the color of my skin, why can't I say the N-word to you, but a black friend of yours can? What's the difference other than my skin color? Nothing.

The word is insulting, people shouldn't use it like it's a common word, regardless of the color of a persons skin.

Besides this website you and I do know each other on a personal level. If you called me that on the street then there would be a serious problem.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

so you have no white friends?

Plenty. Some of them even come on here.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Except that, in society, we're not allowed to get mad about it when it happens, and it happens constantly. That's the thing, when you're a white male, there are no "outsiders" and everyone gets to say whatever they want about white males. I'm lucky I have MS. It means I'm disabled and therefore allowed to say certain things and get mad about others saying those same things. Before I was diagnosed, I was just another white guy who could not speak honestly or freely about anything (except how crappy white males are) without being labelled a bigot. Now that I'm disabled, well, I can speak a lot more about many things wings, not just disabilities.

And why?

Because I'm not just a white male. If I didn't have MS, society would still be telling me to shut up at every turn.

Not true. Certian types of country western music are called "a degrading word for white people" music. White people can go say they are going to the bar to listen that type of music and know one pays it any mind. If I used that word I would have to prepare to get in a few fist fights or even worse.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Plenty. Some of them even come on here.

so they can't call you it, but your black ones can?

SCF Rewards
    Country

so they can't call you it, but your black ones can?

Just like I can't call my wife a female dog but her girlfriends can. Certian battles in life are worth fighting. Fighting over what insults are ok to call one of your friends are not one of them.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Many black Americans, and only in the USA call white Americans, particularly women, "Honkys" as it most correctly describes them as they talk through their noses. Many whites find this offensive, when it's not offensive in the least.

Listen closely...... I can point out 30-40 that I see daily here in Oregon that speak so nasally that I want to pull my hair out. The funny thing is that most honkys don't even know that the word is used to describe the wretched way in which they speak/sound.

I have a female friend here that is 50 and does not talk through her nose, when I provided the explanation of "honky" she didn't believe me. She was certain that it had to be something far more worse than that, but she was unable to come up with anything. She actually thought I was making this up. Then there are some whites that are so sheltered in their white world that have never even heard the term, this also included gaggles of people from the Oregon town in which I live.

If you live in a bubble like 30% of most American white people, you will never find things out. The original meaning I believe comes from Africa and was a hard H - Xonk meaning Red Ears. Later on in the USA white men looking in areas for black and white prostitutes would honk their car horns instead of getting out and being part of the solicitation.

The explanation I provided, is the most fitting and appropriate. Most whites just think it means the same thing as the Hillbilly "C" word. I won't transpose that word, as we have a mod on here that threw me off for a week for using it in the past.

Today honky has become completely offensive. If something adequately describes an action or a repetitive behaviour, I don't see all the fuss.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast