Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Ok so now I'm confused because, despite struggles or possible disagreements, the Spurs have injuries and not many "playoffs performers" outside of the big three. Come playoff time, it will have to come from someone else.......
    Last edited by cgb_orl; 04-12-2013 at 08:00 PM.

Did he cause some trouble or something? What harm would it be to keep him for the playoffs?
    Hidden Content I ship once a week on Monday or Tuesday and only can check my mail once a week to confirm trades have been received. Please pm me if interested in seeing my FB and BB trade lists.
    Basketball staff needed please message me if interested in joining the staff!!

Quote Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
    Did he cause some trouble or something? What harm would it be to keep him for the playoffs?
    Looking at stories and twitter/facebook stuff it seems there was some issues with Pop and his role. Pop knew what kind of personality he had with Jack though. Perhaps it started to affect the team....idk but how about a suspension first? He also had a family situation so this really struck me as an odd move.

I agree, it should not have hurt to have him on the roster. Defensively, they are going to miss him and offensively he was a lot like Horry. A big gamer. Just look back to game 6 last year. Not to mention Manu is still out....

Maybe Pops read the 10 most over paid NBA players article on Forbes.
    I think this might come back to haunt them in the playoffs.
    I collect: Orlando Magic Charlotte Bobcats UNC Alumni International Players Rudy Gay and James Harden.
    Also interested in any 2009/10 Upper Deck GU or Autos you may have.

Hidden Content

They for sure could use his shot and solid defense if someone has foul trouble or is struggling.
    Hidden Content I ship once a week on Monday or Tuesday and only can check my mail once a week to confirm trades have been received. Please pm me if interested in seeing my FB and BB trade lists.
    Basketball staff needed please message me if interested in joining the staff!!

Quote Originally Posted by cgb_orl View Post
    Ok so now I'm confused because, despite struggles or possible disagreements, the Spurs have injuries and not many "playoffs performers" outside of the big three. Come playoff time, it will have to come from someone else.......
    Wow that is a tough cookie to lose.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    (5) Sports Card Freaks

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Well at least we know why they waived Jax now!

Yeah, let's drop a guy who's defense and big shots contributed to a ring for a guy who has a perceived playoff curse lol

Great for the Lakers
    "Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here". Jack Nicholson
    The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity. ~André Gide
    My Bucket
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast