Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deansayso View Post
    You might think Nike would be wondering where those official jersey pieces came from too...

Oh man That's all the industry needs. A lawsuit from a company big enough -- they probably have more lawyers on staff than Panini does employees.

Nothing like pissing off one the big advertising companies who foot the bill for all this....

Quote Originally Posted by OZTATAR View Post
    While it would not surprise me if they put the wrong jersey pieces in the card, these are event worn pieces, not game worn. Even though the photos show the players in the Nike jerseys, remember the players wear dozens of jerseys to put on cards. They often only wear these jerseys for a few seconds or minutes. As such it woudl not surprise me if the players did wear some Reebok jerseys. At previous shoots some players have worn older jerseys and I believe Larry Fiztgerald actually wore a Cris Carter Pro Bowl jersey that was used in his SP Authentic rookie card.

To therefore say that there is no chance the player wore these is not true. While they should not have worn Reebok jerseys, this is different to whether they did wear Reebok jerseys. Again, they are event worn, not game worn, so the players could have worn some Reebok jerseys, or even for that matter some old Starter jerseys.

Now whether these event worn jerseys have much value given how little they are worn by the player, well that is another question.....
    true but all the jersey/patches u get in rookie cards are from the rookie premier photoshoot in L.A but the problem with that is that the 2012 Rookie Photoshoot was sponsored by Nike not Reebok so panini had to sneak in Reebok jerseys into a Nike event. if Nike didnt know about it, there can be a nice lawsuit coming to panini.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Kyle Busch 2008-present
    HATERS ARE MOTIVATORS
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by JWinn View Post
    Ya know OZ? Your right.

There is a chance that these players wore these swatches at the Rookie Premier. I have read here about players doing stuff like you said. Although, I don't remember from who, or where. (It might have been you, lol.)

I just won't take their word for it. Not at this point in time.

I have just read too much, seen too much, and pulled too many questionable cards over the years that I have my doubts.

And I have ALWAYS thought, since I first read it on the back of card, that a Rookie Premier jersey is a rip off. These swatches might as well be manufactured like the recent Topps Retail 1 per blaster cards. They are no more "connected" to the game than those are. Well, barely....

Jerseys, (likely cheap wholesale from China) bought and brought to the Rookie Premier for the express purpose of being cut up after a player tries it on.

And he probably doesn't even give it the same consideration he does a pack of underwear he buys at Target.

But a swatch is a swatch right?

I'd go on, lol, but I think I have made my point.
    I agree, the value of these event jersey swatches, whether they are Nike or Reebok, is questionable, which is why I ended my post saying "Now whether these event worn jerseys have much value given how little they are worn by the player, well that is another question....." Then again the value of cards as a whole is questionable too, at least in the eyes of many people!

Peope should cllect what they like. If someone likes cards with those jersey pieces/patches, then they should collect them. It is their choice. They should just make sure they collect for the right reason.
    "Just because some of us can read and write and do a little math, that doesn't mean we deserve to conquer the Universe" - Kurt Vonnegut

national treasures is a high end product cause they are suppose to be using their game worn jerseys in them and those are premier photo shoot jerseys. Limited was using manufactured patches in them. They have taken a dump on collectors. They are advertising a quality product and giving us junk from the bottom of the barrel. This is one of the reasons why chrome on card autos have become so valuable. At least those are real hard signed cards.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    national treasures is a high end product cause they are suppose to be using their game worn jerseys in them and those are premier photo shoot jerseys. Limited was using manufactured patches in them. They have taken a dump on collectors. They are advertising a quality product and giving us junk from the bottom of the barrel. This is one of the reasons why chrome on card autos have become so valuable. At least those are real hard signed cards.
    National Treasures has never used game-used jerseys for rookies (even though one year they mistakenly labelled them as such). In fact, as far as I am aware, no rookie year cards have used game-worn pro jerseys. That includes Topps Five Star and Upper Deck Exquisite. In fact even though Upper Deck now uses college jerseys due to only having a college license, they still only use event worn college jerseys in Exquisite.

So Panini is only doing this year what has been done for a number of years now, not just by them, but by Topps and Upper Deck too.

In essence, what I am saying is that even though I understand what you and others are saying, I don't understand why this has become an issue now when it has been going on for a while, and why Panini is being singled out for Natonal Treaures when both Upper Deck and Topps do it for their high-end products.

It should also be noted that the rookie cards in National Treasures for the most part are hard-signed too.
    "Just because some of us can read and write and do a little math, that doesn't mean we deserve to conquer the Universe" - Kurt Vonnegut

Reminds me of this picture:

Just have them put on as many jerseys as possible to call them "worn". These aren't fake but almost pointless and I wonder why the companies waste the money and time to even make these, cut them up and include them in their products. Just use game used jerseys or nothing. No need to water it down in my opinion.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

@pwaldo

That is what I was thinking. I found a 2012 Limited on Ebay of Ryan Tannehill. The Limited Phenom to 199. It is a white home jersey with the black bordered number(?). However it was obtained at the May 19th Rookie premier. All the pics of Tannehill at the premier has him wearing the home teal jersey even the card. Maybe Panini just hard jerseys on hand Nike and Reebok alike for them to wear.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Reminds me of this picture:

Just have them put on as many jerseys as possible to call them "worn". These aren't fake but almost pointless and I wonder why the companies waste the money and time to even make these, cut them up and include them in their products. Just use game used jerseys or nothing. No need to water it down in my opinion.
    It not just that they only wear these jerseys for a minute or two, look at how long that thing is! It is a dress, not a jersey. I imagine that if he didn't have on 20 jerseys underneath that one it would go all the way to the floor. This is why they can literally produce thousands of single color GU of a player. What a joke these companies have made of the hobby and of us collectors.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

It is a shame that Panini thinks that they can put Reebok swatches into this year's products, knowing that the NFL did go with Nike this past season. What I always wondered is that with retired guys and deceased players of the game, are the jerseys that the company is saying are game used actually game used, or are they just from an old jersey of someone who we never knew?
    Hidden Content
    **Hidden Content **
    Bucket Updated 7/22/14

Quote Originally Posted by Rybowski View Post
    It is a shame that Panini thinks that they can put Reebok swatches into this year's products, knowing that the NFL did go with Nike this past season. What I always wondered is that with retired guys and deceased players of the game, are the jerseys that the company is saying are game used actually game used, or are they just from an old jersey of someone who we never knew?
    this was my point with my earlier post. A lot of the product now has manufactured patches. The jerseys aren't authentic Nike or Reebok half the time. They are basic jerseys made with cheap patch material. Not cut from an authentic NFL Nike or Reebok jersey. I got a 4 color patch card of Doug martin from limited and it was terrible. The patch is completely fake looking. Very obvious its not Nike or Reebok. The stuff you can buy in the store are more genuine looking.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast