Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    What could take this hobby by storm would be for a group of hobby enthusiast to get together, start a company and show Panini, Topps and UD how to do it correctly. Imagine pulling a jersey card with an web address on the back that takes you a video of the actual jersey used in the card and that shows the jersey actually being cut up and pieces placed in cards. Imagine pulling an on-card auto with a web address on the back to a 30 second clip of the athlete actually signing your card. Imagine pulling a 1/1 team logo and being able to know for a fact that the logo is authentic because there is a web address on the back that takes you to a video of the actual logo being removed from the players jersey and placed in the card.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    What could take this hobby by storm would be for a group of hobby enthusiast to get together, start a company and show Panini, Topps and UD how to do it correctly. Imagine pulling a jersey card with an web address on the back that takes you a video of the actual jersey used in the card and that shows the jersey actually being cut up and pieces placed in cards. Imagine pulling an on-card auto with a web address on the back to a 30 second clip of the athlete actually signing your card. Imagine pulling a 1/1 team logo and being able to know for a fact that the logo is authentic because there is a web address on the back that takes you to a video of the actual logo being removed from the players jersey and placed in the card.
    yes!
    Main PC: Broncos/Montee Ball/Chris Borland/ Mike Glennon
    Looking for Fleer Retro(or older Metal) Metal Universe/GEMS Cards

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content /Hidden Content

Andre Davis from VT was invited to the premier back in 05 (If I remember correctly). Anyway I had a nice long conversation with him around 2009. He told me that they literally have a stack of a hundred or so jerseys and that you put one on take it put one on take it off over and over until each in the stack has been worn. They didn't even take pics with each one. He commented that he felt somewhat bad about it because it was somewhat of a rip off because it was not his jersey and he only had it on fora few seconds if that. Ever since then i have held rookie patches in a much lower value than vets that are actually game worn. It's really sad.
    Hidden Content

Find these Bill Dudley inserts and make big $$$
    Dudley Autos: 230 and counting!
    I don't care if you need a week to ship! Perspective.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (27)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by chajones View Post
    Andre Davis from VT was invited to the premier back in 05 (If I remember correctly). Anyway I had a nice long conversation with him around 2009. He told me that they literally have a stack of a hundred or so jerseys and that you put one on take it put one on take it off over and over until each in the stack has been worn. They didn't even take pics with each one. He commented that he felt somewhat bad about it because it was somewhat of a rip off because it was not his jersey and he only had it on fora few seconds if that. Ever since then i have held rookie patches in a much lower value than vets that are actually game worn. It's really sad.
    I saw a video before the season of trent richardson signing a stack of stickers wearing 30-50 jerseys with a huge stack of cards and jerseys next to him. i loooked to see if i could find it again and can't, i'll keep looking though. he had to be miserable.
    I ship next morning, and use DC (unless it's base), please do the same.
    Hidden Content

Here are my thoughts...

In addition to the "88" numbering I am pretty sure the nameplate on most (if not all) of the Rookie Premier Jerseys actually say "Rookie" I have noticed a lot more "Rs" and "RO" combinations in some patches for players that do not have that in their name.

Since there is a relatively low cost of having the rookies wear 100 jerseys in the Premier, I doubt they lie about them being event worn, but likely they just bought these generic 88/Rookie jerseys in bulk and probably have leftovers from previous years that were used, which would explain old colors and Reebok patches.

Personally, I don't mind collecting "event worn" cards, but the use of the 88/Rookie jerseys bother me somewhat. I just can't invest in a PC patch when the number or name clearly isn't of that player. I guess I understand that without mass producing event worn stuff, hits would be rarer which would make both boxes and secondary market stuff much more expensive. But there is a way to do this without insulting our intelligence. I don't need clothing sweated in by other men, but I'd like something grounded in reality and reflective of the players I collect.

I have the 2011 Certified Jumbo Patch Set and all the nameplate patches are clearly from the players actual name. It was a fun set to put together because the look and color of the patches. I couldn't do any similar sets of this year's product because the names and numbers were so clearly BS.
    BUCKET: Hidden Content

Always looking to add to my Giants PC and Inception PC.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123