Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See the_hockeycouple's Items on eBay

The Hockey Couple's 1 Box Break and Review of 2012-13 Upper Deck Fleer Retro

Hockey Girl makes her return to the blog today with our 1 box break and review of Fleer Retro. I know our review will probably not be popular, but good gosh we both really enjoyed this product. We're hoping this is the start of good things to come for the summer!

http://wp.me/p2nEW2-9c

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

I skimmed through your blog and essentially you are paying over $200 a box for the "fun" factor? This stuff absolutely reeks anyway you look at it and even listings now don't sell for anything near than what they did for their football and basketball counterparts. The cards do look nice and you get something in every pack, but at almost $20 a pack and over $200 a box most collectors need something better than something pretty to look at.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Thanks for posting a review, guys! You are correct that your views will probably be in the minority, but I'm glad you enjoyed the break! I am also a fan of non-auto, non-memorabilia inserts - just not at this price point. Get that Clark auto up on eBay ASAP! Not sure if he's an SP but he does have a rabid base of collectors of his auto.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for posting a review, guys! You are correct that your views will probably be in the minority, but I'm glad you enjoyed the break! I am also a fan of non-auto, non-memorabilia inserts - just not at this price point. Get that Clark auto up on eBay ASAP! Not sure if he's an SP but he does have a rabid base of collectors of his auto.

Thanks for the kind words! :)

Yes, the price point will be the unfortunate early death of the product. But I like the effort or attempt at a product that is non-auto and non-memorabilia. It's a first step in the right direction. Maybe not a very good first step, but a first step never the less.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I skimmed through your blog and essentially you are paying over $200 a box for the "fun" factor? This stuff absolutely reeks anyway you look at it and even listings now don't sell for anything near than what they did for their football and basketball counterparts. The cards do look nice and you get something in every pack, but at almost $20 a pack and over $200 a box most collectors need something better than something pretty to look at.

First of all, I appreciate you reading or skimming the blog, so thanks!

I value your opinion and you're right, it's priced too high. Plain and simple - $200 is too much. But I'm not sure that one reason (and it's a big reason) to call it, like you did in the other thread, the worst product of the year. I opened 2 boxes of Limited (so $200) and I would have much rathered opened a box of Retro instead.

I guess I just like the attempt at moving away from auto / mem driven products.

But yes, the product is priced too high.