Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See murtaugh_2388's Items on eBay

selling off most of collection best way

I'm looking to sell of the majority of my collection to make room for a new addition to the family. I'm trying to figure the best way to do this to make the most cash. I've thought of a couple different options to if you have done something like this and wouldn't mind sharing what you did it would be appreciated to see your input.

Most cards are base card to so level inserts, about 15K-20K total cards, nothing very special, so with that in mind, here's my idea's.

I currently have about $120 credit at COMC, I could send in another batch and keep sending in until I make enough room in the house, then either A-cash out, or B- get more expensive cards and sell them on the bay or something.

Fill small/medium flat rate boxes, listing all cards(time consuming I know, but elevates the what is in the box factor). Setting starting bid at what I consider an fair amount and continue listing if it doesn't sell.

I have about 90 small bubble mailers, so list in about 10-15 card lots of say players or teams, listing all cards again and let them ride until they sell.

Or my favorite option send them to COMC and continue to due so until I have the biggest collection there, and then sell them all, cash out and take a cruise with the wife while dropping the kids off at their grandparents,LOL not sure how practical this one is but the wife likes this idea.

And my last, no profit option, pack them up in the attic and wait until the kids senior year of high school and start selling and hope to pay for the first year of college( I'm sure this is a long shot).

So if you have any ideas please let me know. I'm not planning on making lots, but to make a couple hundred, to put in the kids college fund now and let it build interest. Thanks for your input.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roaddogg02316's Items on eBay

In the same boat. I've put up ads, and people want to buy it all. Well I'm huge on values. So I tell them I'd probably want to keep some stuff. And also that it would be better if they told me what they wanted. I know I'd not be very happy if I set one lump price only to find out later I cheated myself.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Depending on your situation you might get some hits from Craigslist which would save you the cost of shipping and packing up everything along with fees if you want to go that route.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/