Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Baseball set this year?

Hi all,

I am a long time collector that took about a decade (or two) off from collecting baseball cards, and I am looking to get back in. What are the best baseball cards to buy now? Yes, I realize 'best' is a subjective term, but what I am looking for is mid-high end on par with The Cup / Panini Prime / Dominion from hockey, or essentially what are your favorite high end boxes to buy.

Thanks

I enjoyed the two boxes of National Treasures I could afford (very high price point though), I've also bought a few boxes of Triple Threads this year and although its a great set I just haven't had any luck with it.
    Looking for 2012 National Treasures on card silver (/99) rated rookie autos, 2006 SP Legendary Cuts inserts/numbered base and most Mets auto/GU.
    Also looking for Celtics Autos/GU and 2012 Totally Certified Gold
    Hidden Content

it depends..That National Treasures is a great fun box, "High Price' if u like old players mixed with new...If u like propsects go with the 2012' Sterling..is alot of fun to bust open
    Hidden Content
    BB- (Main) E.longoria,)) FB, S.Bradford K.Allen Bb-J.Wall/L.James

2012 Panini National Treasures is your best bet for a good high end baseball set
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Buy a few 2012 Bowman Draft. There are some really good Prospects/rookies in it
    My main PC Player: LUKE HOCHEVAR
    My Have List for Luke Hochevar. Hidden Content
    My Hoch Stats: 274/719 38.1%(including 1/1s) 271/473 57.3%(excluding 1/1s)

I usually buy a box or two of triple threads (can't really afford anything higher end than that). If you're looking to build sets, I always go with Heritage. It's not too expensive and I always like the throwback look.
    Always collecting St. Louis Cardinals; Jim Edmonds; Nolan Ryan
    My Bucket Hidden Content

Heritage has a great look and is an affordable set to complete
    Instead of running away please feel free to counter offer my offers.A deal can always be made

My Bucket
    Hidden Content

Bowman Chrome, especially if you're going to collect prospects.
    Hidden Content
    Formerly lambeausouth
    Hi, I'm Bill. Cheesehead by birth. Packer and Brewer fanatic by choice.
    I will treat all SCF members with respect. I ask that you please do the same.

Thanks for all of the replies so far.

I noticed no one mentioned Topps Tribute - from what I have seen on eBay, they look really sweet. Thoughts?

I like Topps Tribute, but many people have had mediocre pulls in that product. That said, I think it has a great look.

Also, you probably already know this, but if you go with Panini stuff, you won't get any team logos or names with their stuff since they don't have a license for it from the MLB (only Topps does). So, you get a lot of cut off foreheads and airbrushed jerseys, if that matters to you.

Personally I won't buy any cards missing the logos and team names, but a lot of people do.
    Hidden Content
    Always Buying and Trading for BGS/BVG Graded Cards of:
    Roberto Clemente - Ichiro - Cal Ripken - Nolan Ryan - Mike Trout

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast