Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

THE Kari Lehtonen S&T Thread!!! A collecting dream turned reality! MUST SEE!

Okay folks, the day has arrived. My Lehtonen S&T thread that has been in the works for the past few months is finally ready to go! I got the last card yesterday! This is basically like a collecting dream come true for me. 2003-04 was (and is) my favorite year of cards ever. SO many amazing sets and rookies that year, including Kari Lehtonen. I loved watching him with the Chicago Wolves and dreamed of having these cards. Today, that dream is a reality.

Here we go!

First, three "lower end crappy cards" that I LOVE!!!

^LOVE LOVE LOVE the Topps Traded parallels!

^Have a total soft spot for the Pacific Complete Red parallels /99...my second copy.

^A STEAL at 95 cents...SHIPPED.

Now one that is a little more interesting. Quite possibly one of the best jersey/patch cards you will ever see. And it was a steal at $5.

Now is where things get serious. This is THE TOP 5. In my opinion, these are the MUST HAVES for any serious Lehtonen collection. I have dreamed of owning these cards for years, to own them is truly a dream come true. How often do you acquire your dream cards, white whales, whatever we shall call them, ALL within 6 months??? Especially when they are all very rare and from before 2005!!! UNBELIEVABLE.

At #5, my third (AND NOW 4TH) copy of this card (have gotten all 4 since October), I LOVE LOVE LOVE BAP Ultimate Memorabilia from 2003-04.

At #4, this is argued to be the greatest auto patch set of all time. The solid signature and amazing patch are icing on the cake!

At #3, this is an EXTREMELY hard find. This card was only available through redemption. Most of the 199 are locked away in PCs...I was very lucky to find one at auction a few weeks ago...FOR $27 SHIPPED!!!

At #2, a card I never imagined I would ever even see, let alone be able to call my own. Also from 2003-04 BAP Ultimate Memorabilia, the AU RC /100's brother...

And the brothers together, or as some would call it, the rainbow!

And here they are with my 2 other copies...

And all 4 of the AU RCs /100:

And THE Kari Lehtonen Cornerstone.

Saw one at auction on eBay, put a bid in at $100. Shortly there after, another one popped up at BIN of $100. I got outbid on the first one and immediately hit the BIN on this one. I had a chance to buy one at the National in Chicago for $125, but passed. I am very lucky to have gotten a shot at another.

B

A

M

Absolutely speechless I was able to pull this massive feat off. Certainly will be something I will always remember about my collecting. Spearing 5 white whales within 6 months after 8 years of dreaming. TRULY UNBELIEVABLE.

To conclude, here is a group shot of all of Kari's Rookie Cards...XRC's included.

2003-04 BAP Memorabilia XRC
    2003-04 BAP Ultimate Memorabilia AU RC /100
    2003-04 ITG Action XRC (not in picture because it is horizontal)
    2003-04 ITG Used Signature Series RC 32/390
    2003-04 ITG VIP Rookie Debut XRC /526
    2003-04 Pacific Calder RC /775
    2003-04 Pacific Complete XRC
    2003-04 Parkhurst Rookie AU JSY RC /100
    2003-04 Topps Traded RC
    2003-04 UD Premier Collection RC /399
    2003-04 UD Rookie Update RC /199

And finally, The Big 5 all together:

Thank you for the look and read! Comments would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by HammerHawks; 05-04-2013 at 01:19 PM.

OPG Hockey Manager

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    (50) HI

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Niiiiiiceeee ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    Collecting:
    - Non-Certified Autographed Cards
    - Jeremy Roenick Numbered Cards

Hidden Content

great stuff!! Do you collect Lehtonen outside of his RC year? If so, I got a bunch
    Hidden Content
    Website (lots for sale!) - Hidden Content
    Bucket - Hidden Content (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)
    eBay ID - phildo37

Updated with the missing photos! Thanks for the comments.

Hey that is a nice collection. Especially like the SPA patch/auto....wicked patch on that one. Good S&T!!!
    Looking to trade for Paul Stastny, Matt Duchene & HOFer Autos.
    Total Paul Stastny Cards: 165/720

My Bucket:
    Hidden Content

wow, thanks for sharing such a cool collection of cards. tip of the hat to you bud!
    Collecting : RC/Patch/auto's of Anze Kopitar and Slava Voynov
    Hidden Content
    My Inventory
    Hidden Content

nice collection.
    I collect Mainly RC CARDS. Hall Eberle Mackinnon Nugent Hopkins
    Working on NOW Fleer Show Case 3 color Patch RC's Only (PM IF YOU HAVE ANY FOR SALE)
    Every in Photo BUCKET IS FOR SALE EXCPET MY SET'S

Hidden Content

My favorite is the Rookie Review but they're all amazing! Congrats on making a dream come true! :)
    Hidden Content (Hidden Content )

Who I collect: Milan Lucic, Dougie Hamilton, Tim Thomas, Patrice Bergeron

Hidden Content

Some nice Kari's there. Congrats on those whales.
    Hidden Content

Collecting Scott Niedermayer

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast