Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Did a couple internet sleuths find the Boston Bomber(s)?

Found this while perusing the internets this morning. Thoughts?

(Note: These pictures were pulled off a website. I have not posted the first picture, which shows the spot of the bombing after they go off--which is the very spot these two circled men are standing. It's not safe for work, and certainly not suitable to be posted on SCF. You can either take my word that the first picture shows the spot of the bombing after they go off, or you can find it yourself.)

Here's a picture of what appears to be the backpack of the man in the black shirt found after the bombing:

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'm not saying they didn't, I'm just saying the pack is hanging low enough in #1 you wouldn't see it in #2.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Definitely, but you would probably notice the bulge of the straps in the second picture. It's hard to say, of course, but it's curious nonetheless.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Definitely, but you would probably notice the bulge of the straps in the second picture. It's hard to say, of course, but it's curious nonetheless.

Black on black though. I'd also say the two people standing behind him look like they're leaving room for something about the size and shape of that pack. At the same time, it almost looks like he's holding it in front of him in #2. Zooming loses a LOT of clarity in these pictures.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Black on black though. I'd also say the two people standing behind him look like they're leaving room for something about the size and shape of that pack. At the same time, it almost looks like he's holding it in front of him in #2. Zooming loses a LOT of clarity in these pictures.

Totally agree, but I still would have to believe that you'd see the bulge of the straps over the shoulders of black shirt man. You'd also probably see the full chest strap of the guy in the blue shirt, though it's impossible to tell from the first picture what color the strap is on the blue guy's pack. Like you said, he could be holding it, but when you think about the amount of time that you spend with a backpack over your shoulder compared to holding it in your hands, it's not likely.

These two guys are probably not responsible, hopefully we find out in the coming days and weeks. What this probably means more than anything is that it is no longer possible to be anonymous on the big stage in the digital age. Let's be realistic, the future of terrorism (domestically in particular, which I'm assuming the Boston bombing is going to be--it has the markings) is likely to be rooted around these "soft targets". Major events that are wide open and have very few security measures. Marathons, stadiums, outdoor concerts, etc. Al-Qaeda and other international political/religious terror organizations use terror as propaganda, so they want to be heard and seen. Some domestic terrorists don't (had Timothy McVeigh not gotten pulled over, we may not have found him), so that leads them to events and places like this.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Totally agree, but I still would have to believe that you'd see the bulge of the straps over the shoulders of black shirt man. You'd also probably see the full chest strap of the guy in the blue shirt, though it's impossible to tell from the first picture what color the strap is on the blue guy's pack. Like you said, he could be holding it, but when you think about the amount of time that you spend with a backpack over your shoulder compared to holding it in your hands, it's not likely.

For blue top, I think I see a strap hanging at about the right angle to go along with #1 or at least looks like he just moved the strap over. For black top, these aren't the clearest pictures and it's possible the straps sink into the jacket enough to take away the bulge of the straps. As for whether he's holding it, if he is, it appears he's looking into it. Now, he could be checking to make sure he's got all his stuff or that his bomb is ready. I don't know about you, but I usually take my backpack off to look in it, though it's been awhile since I've worn a backpack.

These two guys are probably not responsible, hopefully we find out in the coming days and weeks. What this probably means more than anything is that it is no longer possible to be anonymous on the big stage in the digital age. Let's be realistic, the future of terrorism (domestically in particular, which I'm assuming the Boston bombing is going to be--it has the markings) is likely to be rooted around these "soft targets". Major events that are wide open and have very few security measures. Marathons, stadiums, outdoor concerts, etc. Al-Qaeda and other international political/religious terror organizations use terror as propaganda, so they want to be heard and seen. Some domestic terrorists don't (had Timothy McVeigh not gotten pulled over, we may not have found him), so that leads them to events and places like this.

I agree it reeks of domestic terrorism, but these sorts of bombs are used almost daily by anti-American groups when on their soil (ie: they'd use this to make a statement in Iran) so it's still possible they just wanted to send a message or create fear. At the same time, Al Queda would have claimed this ten minutes before it happened. The longer it goes with no one claiming responsibility, the more I think it's domestic.

Here's another angle. Boston is a very Irish town. Violence sprouted up in Northern Ireland. My first thought when I saw the footage of the actual explosions was how much it looked like an IRA bombing from 30 years ago. With what's been going on over there, is it possible that violence has reached the shores of the US somehow?

SCF Rewards
    Country

For blue top, I think I see a strap hanging at about the right angle to go along with #1 or at least looks like he just moved the strap over. For black top, these aren't the clearest pictures and it's possible the straps sink into the jacket enough to take away the bulge of the straps. As for whether he's holding it, if he is, it appears he's looking into it. Now, he could be checking to make sure he's got all his stuff or that his bomb is ready. I don't know about you, but I usually take my backpack off to look in it, though it's been awhile since I've worn a backpack.

I agree it reeks of domestic terrorism, but these sorts of bombs are used almost daily by anti-American groups when on their soil (ie: they'd use this to make a statement in Iran) so it's still possible they just wanted to send a message or create fear. At the same time, Al Queda would have claimed this ten minutes before it happened. The longer it goes with no one claiming responsibility, the more I think it's domestic.

Here's another angle. Boston is a very Irish town. Violence sprouted up in Northern Ireland. My first thought when I saw the footage of the actual explosions was how much it looked like an IRA bombing from 30 years ago. With what's been going on over there, is it possible that violence has reached the shores of the US somehow?

I thought of that as well, but I can't figure out what purpose it would serve.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I thought of that as well, but I can't figure out what purpose it would serve.

Well you've got Protestants who are loyal to the crown and Catholics who are not. Lots of Irish Catholics in Boston as well the city is pretty representative of breaking free of Britain and this happened on "Patriots Day". Also, as we've both mentioned, the type of bombs, the damage done and the reletively low death count look like a statement and nothing more. The connect can be made, though without anyone claiming it, it seems a little weak.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very tough to say.

@pghin....is it possible to get the link for these pictures?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

supposedly they've made an arrest. I can't imagine with all of the business security cameras, tv cameras, and all of the people taking pictures that they wouldn't be able to track down the person who dropped the backpack off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast