Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cardcollectorman View Post
    Redemptions suck they need to put the cards in the products.
    x2. anybody know why they even put redemptions in their packs???

Redemptions are put in because at the time of packaging, the players had not signed the cards/stickers. I do not care for redemptions either, but I have faith that what I am due, I will receive.

The reality is everyone wants immediate gratification, but that simply is not possible when card companies are dealing with athletes that play seasonally and also need to have the opportunity to get away from the business side. Many people think that athletes have nothing better to do than play their sport and sign autographs. They have lives outside of the business just like all of us outside of our jobs. Something that is not a high priority will always come second to everything else. I am cerrtain that athletes don`t care what we think and companies can only do what is within their power to fulfill their customers` redemptions.
    Supercollecting: LT, Antonio Gates, Ryan Mathews, Hakeem Olajuwon and Jose Canseco
    Will trade for: Nice Chargers Autos/GU
    Want GU/Autos Chipper Jones, and 2012 Topps Olympic Team cards that I don't have yet
    I trade by BV, not SV. I will only use SV if it is in regards to a sale
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Yeah, Good one! It has nothing to do with the athletes. It has everything to do with the decisions the card companies make and can't hold up to. If they can't uphold the deal with the athletes they have to gome up with something else and I am pretty sure these athletes aren't signing cards for free??

Quote Originally Posted by tjenkins View Post
    Yeah, Good one! It has nothing to do with the athletes. It has everything to do with the decisions the card companies make and can't hold up to. If they can't uphold the deal with the athletes they have to gome up with something else and I am pretty sure these athletes aren't signing cards for free??
    I never said they were signing for free. However, they sign on their time, when they choose to do so. I remember in '09 people thought Percy Harvin wasn't going to sign stuff for Upper Deck and people were getting up in arms about not getting theirs yet. When he did come in, he signed everything and people got their stuff of him.

The reality is that Russell Wilson has signed the stickers, it take manual labor to put them on, not a machine. I would rather they get the the stickers on the cards right by taking their time as opposed to hurrying and and leaving air bubbles under them or getting them super crooked.
    Supercollecting: LT, Antonio Gates, Ryan Mathews, Hakeem Olajuwon and Jose Canseco
    Will trade for: Nice Chargers Autos/GU
    Want GU/Autos Chipper Jones, and 2012 Topps Olympic Team cards that I don't have yet
    I trade by BV, not SV. I will only use SV if it is in regards to a sale
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (27)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by newcombe View Post
    I never said they were signing for free. However, they sign on their time, when they choose to do so. I remember in '09 people thought Percy Harvin wasn't going to sign stuff for Upper Deck and people were getting up in arms about not getting theirs yet. When he did come in, he signed everything and people got their stuff of him.

The reality is that Russell Wilson has signed the stickers, it take manual labor to put them on, not a machine. I would rather they get the the stickers on the cards right by taking their time as opposed to hurrying and and leaving air bubbles under them or getting them super crooked.
    I am with you on getting it done right. But what I have a problem with is Topps Chrome is a very early release so they should take priority over stuff like Valor and Gold Standard. How can they be putting auto's in those products and NOT filling redemptions from earlier products? Panini is just as bad, been waiting on a Osweiler redemption! The guy signs everything, has stickers and on card stuff that has been released after Limited. I too am all but done with redemptions. Companies are in to big of a rush to flood the market with more and more product they dont take the time to get the products done. I would rather have them extend the release date and have a really nice product.
    Last edited by boetie84067; 04-20-2013 at 10:22 PM.
    I ship next morning, and use DC (unless it's base), please do the same.
    Hidden Content

Right, it's not a Topps thing. I quit buying Panini over a redemption experince involving several cards at once. One took a full year to get a replacement.
    I don't care if you need a week to ship! Perspective.

I had a quadograph from last years 5 star pending since august called in February to get replacements they said that's fine and hear we are about 8-9weeks now and no status change on my redemption. Oh and the replacements were suppose to take 4-5 weeks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12