Results 1 to 1 of 1
04-17-2013, 03:41 PM #1
SCF Official Review: 2013 Topps Opening Day
First and foremost, I'd like to thank our sponsors at Topps for providing us with this box.
36 packs per box
7 cards per pack
Current Retail Price (online): $27.99 - $39.99
220 Veterans and Rookies, including 75 Topps Series 2 preview cards, featuring the 2013 Opening Day logo.
- Opening Day Edition - All 220 base cards with a blue border, a foil-stamp featuring the 2013 Opening Day date, and sequentially numbered to 2013.
- Printing Plates - All 220 subjects will have their 4 plates inserted in the product. 880 total plates. Each is 1 of 1.
INSERT CARDS - 1 Per Pack!
- Superstar Celebrations - 25 cards showing the biggest stars in the game celebrating their biggest moments of the season!
- Play Hard - 25 cards that capture the essence of what it means to play hard.
- Ballpark Fun - There's no place more fun than an MLB ballpark, and these 25 cards prove it.
- Mascots - 25 MLB mascots.
- Opening Day Stars - 25 3D cards featuring the biggest stars in Baseball!
- Opening Day Autographs - 10 stars will have autograph cards inserted in product!
- Mascot Autographs - 5 cards featuring autographs from the most exciting people in the stadium - the mascots!
WHAT WE PULLED
Base - 180/220 (82%)
Dupes - 19
Blue /2013 (7) - Jacoby Ellsbury, Justin Masterson, Jeff Samardzija, Giancarlo Stanton, Yu Darvish, Freddie Freeman, Daniel Hudson
Opening Day's design is a direct copy of Series 1. This is a product that is kids oriented. It is a great product to teach kids trading and collecting, so I will avoid negativity on having duplicates of base cards. However, is there a need to add numbered parallels, including Printing Plates? If it really is kid-centered, then just keep it to base and some inserts. Speaking of the numbered parallels, there is one that is blue bordered with the sparkle foil that you will find 1:5 packs.
Ballpark Fun (7)
Opening Day Stars (9)
Play Hard (7)
Superstar Celebrations (6)
There are five insert sets to capture the interest of young collectors. In Ballpark Fun, the card show off the enjoyment the players have before and after games. A centerpiece of Opening Day has been the Mascots series. Opening Day Stars utilizes 3-D Imagery to make the cards come to life. Play Hard details the players who stay focused on every play and Superstar Celebrations highlight home plate moments after a big home run. While each set appears on average 1:5 packs, the overall appearance is 1 in every pack.
There are autographs inserted into Opening Day. However, the odds are 1:463 packs for a player autograph and 1:925 packs for a Mascot autograph. Hard to find, the way it should be.
Base - 4.5/5
Design - 4/5
Fun - 4.5/5
Value - 4.5/5
Rebuy - 4/5
Total - 21.5/25 (86%)
NPN 2013 Topps Opening Day BB
PO Box 765
Pittston, PA 18640
Limit 1 Request per household
Postmarked By: 6/19/13
Received By: 6/26/13
Canada Skills: 11 x 4 + 20 - 4 = ?
Once again, I'd like to thank our wonderful sponsors at Topps for giving us the opportunity to open and review this release. For more information on all of their products, you can visit them today at www.topps.com.
If interested in any of the base or inserts, they are available for request. Please PM with the card or cards of interest. Cards will remain available for 30 days from the time this review is posted. As always, only VIP members may make requests for the first 48 hours.Hidden Content - Receive your choice of 2,000 card cash or a random free card from the SCF CC Store (your team/sport of choice) when you buy a box (prize boxes not included).
Hidden Content , Working on Hidden Content For Charity
Hidden Content - 120/140 (85.7%), Hidden Content - 103/271 (38.0%)
***LOOKING TO PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS? PM ME FOR ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES. WE HAVE RATES AS LITTLE AS LESS THAN $1 A DAY!***