Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

my god I would hate to live my life as scared as you people....

It's not that. It won't fix anything. What they are proposing will change one thing. Instead of private individuals selling guns at gun shows they will sell them out of their homes. Tell me how that is going to make anything better. If you want to make something better prosecute felons who try to buy guns and get denied. Something like 15000 past year happened and 44 people were arrested for it.

Good point. I heard on the radio the other day that something like 50,000 felons were stopped from buying guns in WV since they started doing background checks. I can't recall ever hearing of anyone being arrested for it.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Is it illegal for felons to attempt to buy a gun?

It isn't illegal for minors to try to buy liquor, it's illegal to sell liquor to a minor and illegal for a minor to possess alcohol. Making an attempt at buying isn't a crime, selling is the crime.

It's not the same with guns?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So do conservatives still think liberals are worse for taking potshots?

Also, I notice an influx of republican supporters who don't usually post here. Norquist must have sent out another memo.

I think some of the lurkers decided to have a voice. I see threads with just 15 or 20 responses and 300 or 400 views. That tells me there are a lot of people looking but not responding. When you start talking about taking away people's rights, they get a voice.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I think some of the lurkers decided to have a voice. I see threads with just 15 or 20 responses and 300 or 400 views. That tells me there are a lot of people looking but not responding. When you start talking about taking away people's rights, they get a voice.

Maybe, but it always seems to happen in a drove, and then they leave in a drove. Thing is, these threads go constantly but this mass entrance followed by the same people making a mass exit screams someone from the top saying "get out there!"

Just sayin'.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Is it illegal for felons to attempt to buy a gun?

It isn't illegal for minors to try to buy liquor, it's illegal to sell liquor to a minor and illegal for a minor to possess alcohol. Making an attempt at buying isn't a crime, selling is the crime.

It's not the same with guns?

Good question. I assumed that it would be illegal to try to buy as well, sort of like it is illegal for a convicted child molester to hang out at school playgrounds. That may be a loophole that needs to be closed. We also need to look at strict laws regarding those who buy guns for felons (straw purchases).

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Good question. I assumed that it would be illegal to try to buy as well, sort of like it is illegal for a convicted child molester to hang out at school playgrounds. That may be a loophole that needs to be closed. We also need to look at strict laws regarding those who buy guns for felons (straw purchases).

Personally, put the pressure on the sellers. You get caught selling to a felon, you can't sell anymore. Period.
    Punishing felons for doing what we basically expect them to do is stupid and doesn't stop anything, like you're fond of saying, they're criminals, what do they care?

Take the same approach as with tobacco and alcohol (convenient...) and prosecute the sellers making them available.
    Those are the real criminals, and they're getting away with it Scott free.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

Maybe, but it always seems to happen in a drove, and then they leave in a drove. Thing is, these threads go constantly but this mass entrance followed by the same people making a mass exit screams someone from the top saying "get out there!"

Just sayin'.

If you are referring to me it is pure coincidence. I have been without a computer since around Christmas and it is a pain in the arse to post from my phone

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If you are referring to me it is pure coincidence. I have been without a computer since around Christmas and it is a pain in the arse to post from my phone

I think he means some of the people who are posting for the first time. I saw one guy who is new with 0 feedback, a few others just joined the site within the last 6 months or so.

However, I am on "the bottom" and nobody from "the top" sent me any memo.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Reds
    See sxetnrdrmr2112's Items on eBay

I am not scared. I am just not ignorant to believe that the police will protect me. 99.9% of the time the police do nothing but show up in time to write a report while standing over your corpse. Dialing 9-1-1 is not a form of self defense.

sorry, but if you weren't scared you wouldn't need guns, or be so defensive when people challenge you view point in said guns. As I read all of your posts, you radiate fear about many things about this country. Not just you specifically, but all of the Conservatives on any of the forums I am on. They are afraid of change, afraid of people other than themselves and of things beyond their own comfort zone. Isn't that sort of the definition of conservative, or at least a connotation?

I'm not tryignto be confrontational...I am just reading some blatantly obvious signs of words and actions

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

Personally, put the pressure on the sellers. You get caught selling to a felon, you can't sell anymore. Period.
    Punishing felons for doing what we basically expect them to do is stupid and doesn't stop anything, like you're fond of saying, they're criminals, what do they care?

Take the same approach as with tobacco and alcohol (convenient...) and prosecute the sellers making them available.
    Those are the real criminals, and they're getting away with it Scott free.

But purchases that result in gun violence, at least mass killings, have all been determined to be purchased legally. Thi is why background checks do nothing. There are hundreds of thousands of gun crimes committed every year and most of them the guns are obtained illegally but not through dealers. Through street sales in which the original person bought the gun legally from a ffl dealer

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast