Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    Problem I have with a poll like that is it doesn't tell how many people were polled or reveal any polling data. For all I can tell they may have asked 300 people, but only used the people that answered the way they wanted the poll to look.

Want proof this poll is not reliable? It says that 94% of Republicans in the Southeast support a background check at gun shows and 92% of Democrats in the Southeast favor background checks at gun shows. Nowhere in America do Republicans support gun show background checks more than Democrats and I can promise you they don't in the South.
    Hey man, I was just showing the site in which it probably came from.
    "There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution" - John Adams, March 4, 1797 – March 4, 1801

Problem I have with a poll like that is it doesn't tell how many people were polled or reveal any polling data. For all I can tell they may have asked 300 people, but only used the people that answered the way they wanted the poll to look.
    it's literally.right.there.

"Student interviewers use a computer-assisted telephone interviewing system to collect data from statewide and national residents. For a typical public opinion survey, a randomly selected sample of about 1,000 registered voters age 18 and over is interviewed over five or six days."

But I guess you know better than that poll... and these two:

86% Support for Background Checks
    ABC/Washington Post
    http://www.langerresearch.com/upload...ndPolitics.pdf

Another Poll with 86% Support for Background Checks
    CNN/ORC International
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...o-cause-worry/
    Needs: Brewers Pitcher Mark Rogers '04 pick
    Red Sox - HOF & Current Players
    Current Patriots Cards
    Larry Bird, Carmelo/Lebron/Wade RC's

Want proof this poll is not reliable? It says that 94% of Republicans in the Southeast support a background check at gun shows and 92% of Democrats in the Southeast favor background checks at gun shows. Nowhere in America do Republicans support gun show background checks more than Democrats and I can promise you they don't in the South.

I have to agree with you Duane. I worked in market research previously. Not suggesting that this poll is unreliable but it is very easy to rigg data to present whatever message the poller wants to present. I'm sure someone can rigg a poll to say that conservative white christian republicans in south carolina stand 100% in support of The Nation of Islam.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Let's be clear. Polls asking a single question DO NOT rig the data they receive. They may rig the question being asked, or the pool of people being asked in an attempt to receive a specific result. Other polls asking more than one question may choose to report only the results they find favourable to their cause. So if you are going to discredit a poll, get your facts straight first.
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

Quote Originally Posted by matt_curren View Post

"Student interviewers use a computer-assisted telephone interviewing system to collect data from statewide and national residents. For a typical public opinion survey, a randomly selected sample of about 1,000 registered voters age 18 and over is interviewed over five or six days."

ABC/Washington Post

CNN/ORC International

And here is a 4th poll
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/160085/am...-violence.aspx
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by matt_curren View Post

ABC/Washington Post

CNN/ORC International
    It's.literally.not.there. I don't know what you are looking at, but I have read the entire page and poll data at the link provided by Zimbow like 8 times and nowhere on that page does it say that 1000 people were polled.

Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven View Post
    Let's be clear. Polls asking a single question DO NOT rig the data they receive. They may rig the question being asked, or the pool of people being asked in an attempt to receive a specific result. Other polls asking more than one question may choose to report only the results they find favourable to their cause. So if you are going to discredit a poll, get your facts straight first.
    Here is the most ridiculous part of all of this. You libs like to argue that Republicans are a bunch of gun-crazy nuts that want to own bazookas, hand grenades and nuclear bombs, now you are arguing that a poll that shows Republicans want gun control more than Democrats is accurate. Make up your friggin minds already!!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

1012 CNN Poll
    1004 CBS/NYT poll

1221, 1647 and 1134 were the polling numbers for the Quinnipiac
    It took all of 10 mins to find these numbers.

I will admit that I was unable to find an number for the ABC poll
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha

It's.literally.not.there. I don't know what you are looking at, but I have read the entire page and poll data at the link provided by Zimbow like 8 times and nowhere on that page does it say that 1000 people were polled.

Here is the most ridiculous part of all of this. You libs like to argue that Republicans are a bunch of gun-crazy nuts that want to own bazookas, hand grenades and nuclear bombs, now you are arguing that a poll that shows Republicans want gun control more than Democrats is accurate. Make up your friggin minds already!!
    First, where do you see me saying that the poll is accurate? That's right, you don't see it because I never said it. I was commenting on the notion that the poll was rigged. Second, there are plenty of Republicans that "cling to their guns" but are still in favour of better controls. Try learning how to read already!!
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

Maybe they added this link after you looked?
    http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes...d-information/

Anyway, tell me again why this poll and the other three just like it are ALL wrong again?
    Needs: Brewers Pitcher Mark Rogers '04 pick
    Red Sox - HOF & Current Players
    Current Patriots Cards
    Larry Bird, Carmelo/Lebron/Wade RC's

Can someone please explain to me how any of the legislation proposed would have stopped a single murder that has ever grabbed national attention? People the commit crimes do not buy guns online or at gun shows typically. They buy them from a buddy on the street, steal them, or buy them legally before they are a felon. Maybe instead of making guns tougher for law abiding citizens to get we make stiffer penalties for people that perform gun crimes, better mental health care in the US (as many people who have committed these crimes have later been found to suffer from mental illness) or provide more gun training so the good guys have access to know how to use a gun properly and defend themselves.
    Magglio Ordonez 665/4851 13.7%
    AJ Guyton 75/87 85% plus 5 1/1's
    Hidden Content

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast