Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

Problem I have with a poll like that is it doesn't tell how many people were polled or reveal any polling data. For all I can tell they may have asked 300 people, but only used the people that answered the way they wanted the poll to look.

Want proof this poll is not reliable? It says that 94% of Republicans in the Southeast support a background check at gun shows and 92% of Democrats in the Southeast favor background checks at gun shows. Nowhere in America do Republicans support gun show background checks more than Democrats and I can promise you they don't in the South.

Hey man, I was just showing the site in which it probably came from.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

Problem I have with a poll like that is it doesn't tell how many people were polled or reveal any polling data. For all I can tell they may have asked 300 people, but only used the people that answered the way they wanted the poll to look.

it's literally.right.there.

"Student interviewers use a computer-assisted telephone interviewing system to collect data from statewide and national residents. For a typical public opinion survey, a randomly selected sample of about 1,000 registered voters age 18 and over is interviewed over five or six days."

But I guess you know better than that poll... and these two:

86% Support for Background Checks
    ABC/Washington Post
    http://www.langerresearch.com/upload...ndPolitics.pdf

Another Poll with 86% Support for Background Checks
    CNN/ORC International
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...o-cause-worry/
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Want proof this poll is not reliable? It says that 94% of Republicans in the Southeast support a background check at gun shows and 92% of Democrats in the Southeast favor background checks at gun shows. Nowhere in America do Republicans support gun show background checks more than Democrats and I can promise you they don't in the South.

I have to agree with you Duane. I worked in market research previously. Not suggesting that this poll is unreliable but it is very easy to rigg data to present whatever message the poller wants to present. I'm sure someone can rigg a poll to say that conservative white christian republicans in south carolina stand 100% in support of The Nation of Islam.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Let's be clear. Polls asking a single question DO NOT rig the data they receive. They may rig the question being asked, or the pool of people being asked in an attempt to receive a specific result. Other polls asking more than one question may choose to report only the results they find favourable to their cause. So if you are going to discredit a poll, get your facts straight first.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

"Student interviewers use a computer-assisted telephone interviewing system to collect data from statewide and national residents. For a typical public opinion survey, a randomly selected sample of about 1,000 registered voters age 18 and over is interviewed over five or six days."

ABC/Washington Post

CNN/ORC International

And here is a 4th poll
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/160085/am...-violence.aspx

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

ABC/Washington Post

CNN/ORC International

It's.literally.not.there. I don't know what you are looking at, but I have read the entire page and poll data at the link provided by Zimbow like 8 times and nowhere on that page does it say that 1000 people were polled.

Let's be clear. Polls asking a single question DO NOT rig the data they receive. They may rig the question being asked, or the pool of people being asked in an attempt to receive a specific result. Other polls asking more than one question may choose to report only the results they find favourable to their cause. So if you are going to discredit a poll, get your facts straight first.

Here is the most ridiculous part of all of this. You libs like to argue that Republicans are a bunch of gun-crazy nuts that want to own bazookas, hand grenades and nuclear bombs, now you are arguing that a poll that shows Republicans want gun control more than Democrats is accurate. Make up your friggin minds already!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

1012 CNN Poll
    1004 CBS/NYT poll

1221, 1647 and 1134 were the polling numbers for the Quinnipiac
    It took all of 10 mins to find these numbers.

I will admit that I was unable to find an number for the ABC poll

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

It's.literally.not.there. I don't know what you are looking at, but I have read the entire page and poll data at the link provided by Zimbow like 8 times and nowhere on that page does it say that 1000 people were polled.

Here is the most ridiculous part of all of this. You libs like to argue that Republicans are a bunch of gun-crazy nuts that want to own bazookas, hand grenades and nuclear bombs, now you are arguing that a poll that shows Republicans want gun control more than Democrats is accurate. Make up your friggin minds already!!

First, where do you see me saying that the poll is accurate? That's right, you don't see it because I never said it. I was commenting on the notion that the poll was rigged. Second, there are plenty of Republicans that "cling to their guns" but are still in favour of better controls. Try learning how to read already!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

Maybe they added this link after you looked?
    http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes...d-information/

Anyway, tell me again why this poll and the other three just like it are ALL wrong again?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

Can someone please explain to me how any of the legislation proposed would have stopped a single murder that has ever grabbed national attention? People the commit crimes do not buy guns online or at gun shows typically. They buy them from a buddy on the street, steal them, or buy them legally before they are a felon. Maybe instead of making guns tougher for law abiding citizens to get we make stiffer penalties for people that perform gun crimes, better mental health care in the US (as many people who have committed these crimes have later been found to suffer from mental illness) or provide more gun training so the good guys have access to know how to use a gun properly and defend themselves.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast