Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

EDIT; I retract my post as it had no importance to add to this discussion.
    Last edited by Zimbow; 04-17-2013 at 10:33 PM.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Who voted for the 45 or so?

People voted for them.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

alex, where did you get that polling results from? I checked checked the Ap website and their polling data, nothing matches to march 7-10, nothing.

the only ones were jan 16 and april 17

http://surveys.ap.org/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

alex, where did you get that polling results from? I checked checked the Ap website and their polling data, nothing matches to march 7-10, nothing.

the only ones were jan 16 and april 17

http://surveys.ap.org/

Wait. Let me see if I have this correct. Liberal media put out lies and deception (91%, yeah right! ROFL) and the liberal base bought it hook, line and sinker without bothering to fact check first??!!! NO!!!! Liberal media is so honest and liberals are not that gullible! Oh, wait, I got that backwards. Liberal media is nothing but lies, deception and twisting of facts and the liberal base always swallows it whole.

What kills me is that liberals are so ticked off over a redundant, pointless bill. Allow me to educate o ye of little knowledge...

This bill had two main goals, background checks for on-line gun purchases and background checks for gun show purchases.

A) Background checks for on-line gun purchases - This is probably the most idiotic part of this bill. It required something that already is required. Anytime you buy a gun online it is not shipped directly to you. Instead it is shipped to a FFL dealer, who then performs all required checks and completes all transfer paperwork. This big accomplishment that Obama and the libs are so upset over, already exists. Way to go! You wasted all of this time, money and effort to pass a bill to get something that you already have. Idiots.

B) Background checks for gun show purchases - This is probably the one area that I would be more supportive of the bill. There are certainly transactions that occur at gun shows that go generally undocumented other than a bill of sale. However, that does not apply to FFL dealers. Any FFL dealer that sets up at a gun show is required to perform a background check and complete all paperwork, just like they would perform if they were in their business location. Again, redundancy. I am not sure how each state works, but here in WV you can not sell handguns at a gun show without an FFL. So the only thing a non-FFL dealer can sell is shotguns and rifles, and those can already be bought at regular gun shops without a background check.

So all this "important, pivotal" gun legislation was going to accomplish is force shotgun and rifle sales at gun shows to have a background check. I repeat...shotgun and rifle sales at gun stores do not require checks. This entire bill was only going to affect shotgun and rifle sales at gun shows.

Oh I forgot, it did one other thing. It supplied money for a "study" on gun violence. Yup, that is what we need in a time when the economy is struggling and the government is fiscally unstable, another government funded study that would fix nothing.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Here's a breakdown of how the voting went:

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

veggie, got link or bigger pic?

i have been trying to find this

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

veggie, got link or bigger pic?

i have been trying to find this

I copied that one from facebook. If something better comes along I will be glad to post.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

it was from the Huffington post Jay

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

Wait. Let me see if I have this correct. Liberal media put out lies and deception (91%, yeah right! ROFL) and the liberal base bought it hook, line and sinker without bothering to fact check first??!!! NO!!!! Liberal media is so honest and liberals are not that gullible! Oh, wait, I got that backwards. Liberal media is nothing but lies, deception and twisting of facts and the liberal base always swallows it whole.

What kills me is that liberals are so ticked off over a redundant, pointless bill. Allow me to educate o ye of little knowledge...

This bill had two main goals, background checks for on-line gun purchases and background checks for gun show purchases.

A) Background checks for on-line gun purchases - This is probably the most idiotic part of this bill. It required something that already is required. Anytime you buy a gun online it is not shipped directly to you. Instead it is shipped to a FFL dealer, who then performs all required checks and completes all transfer paperwork. This big accomplishment that Obama and the libs are so upset over, already exists. Way to go! You wasted all of this time, money and effort to pass a bill to get something that you already have. Idiots.

B) Background checks for gun show purchases - This is probably the one area that I would be more supportive of the bill. There are certainly transactions that occur at gun shows that go generally undocumented other than a bill of sale. However, that does not apply to FFL dealers. Any FFL dealer that sets up at a gun show is required to perform a background check and complete all paperwork, just like they would perform if they were in their business location. Again, redundancy. I am not sure how each state works, but here in WV you can not sell handguns at a gun show without an FFL. So the only thing a non-FFL dealer can sell is shotguns and rifles, and those can already be bought at regular gun shops without a background check.

So all this "important, pivotal" gun legislation was going to accomplish is force shotgun and rifle sales at gun shows to have a background check. I repeat...shotgun and rifle sales at gun stores do not require checks. This entire bill was only going to affect shotgun and rifle sales at gun shows.

Oh I forgot, it did one other thing. It supplied money for a "study" on gun violence. Yup, that is what we need in a time when the economy is struggling and the government is fiscally unstable, another government funded study that would fix nothing.

I believe this was the poll that was used; http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes...ReleaseID=1842

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Problem I have with a poll like that is it doesn't tell how many people were polled or reveal any polling data. For all I can tell they may have asked 300 people, but only used the people that answered the way they wanted the poll to look.

Want proof this poll is not reliable? It says that 94% of Republicans in the Southeast support a background check at gun shows and 92% of Democrats in the Southeast favor background checks at gun shows. Nowhere in America do Republicans support gun show background checks more than Democrats and I can promise you they don't in the South.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast